• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 7,114
I Just did the speed test again this morning at 9:15Am from ClassicNet BB

Mumbai Server

Ottawa Server
https://www.speedtest.net

I would love to attain this speed throughout the day

aasimenator, I've Gone through ur Posts.
u spend 4800 Bucks and u get only 5mbps?:iomg: U r Being LOOTED!

These plans are cool:
https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/65724-post-your-internet-budget-your/15/#post455779

aasimenator, I've Gone through ur Posts.
u spend 4800 Bucks and u get only 5mbps?:iomg: U r Being LOOTED!

Clearly you don't know the plans that are offered here in Mumbai.

But please do tell. what you are offering me @ 4800/-

I am well aware of Hayai Broadband... They haven't launched yet & ETA is unknown, so they are out of picture for me.

Clearly you don't know the plans that are offered here in Mumbai.

But please do tell. what you are offering me @ 4800/-

I am well aware of Hayai Broadband... They haven't launched yet & ETA is unknown, so they are out of picture for me.

Leave hayai, What about Five net or nivyah broadband?

I am Unsure what your are talking about...

Firstly Nivyah isn't available everywhere, especially in my Area. See their network Coverage Map & Their Highest Plan is
MIYC up to 4 Mbps Day & 8 Mbps Night @ Rs. 5,626

How is this any cheaper than what i am paying for?

And Five Network Solutions, Even if they do offer high speeds, its like they don't want people to know about them.... as on their site the maximum unlimited plan was 2MBps

But i gotta say i was pretty excited to hear about their special offer "Special New Year Offer Plan : Unrestrained Internet with speed up to 10 Mbps @ 5999/- yearly."

But when i called they said they don't provide it in my Area :) :madness: Damn Monopoly.

Oh & My Connection isn't that bad, the guys at ClassicNet Broadband ,even offered me a Direct Fiber Optic line from my home to their Server's, I said i'll think of it if my internet quality keeps degrading.

Check this screenshot

See that Speed 1008KB/s, on a 5MBPS Connection... Who would provide that? & this is not just a flick, I get continuous Download of 850KB/s .

But there are some issues, like time outs which cause a problem for my work. hence the change.

Ok then Carry on .. I was just helping u out!

May i know, Whats is that 395mb file?? 350mb is a tv torrent.. 395?

I don't remember, sorry those are in rar parts probably hence all 395Mb files.

I am not sure what it was

Hi,

Let me first describe what I do. I am a freelancer Server Engineer & I Usually work on Remote Desktops, team viewer, Logmein, GotoAssist, RADMIN & all similar Remote control apps

I have 1MBPS MTNL Unlimited Connection @999 which works great for RDP sessions but not so great on other apps.

I recently took ClassicNet Broadband 5MBPS Unlimited @ 4800/- as it was cheap & run by the local politician of the area.
Its only been 2 months since I had this connection there has been alot of disconnections which makes my work harder.

Oh! & i also download almost 3-4GB of Data everyday, be it movies or new trial software from Microsoft that i am testing. I do only have limited window of free time when i can download stuff.. & this time is around 2 hours in 24 hours. So i need fast internet connection

I can spend upto 7000/- Rs. monthly for my Internet which includes the 1MBPS MTNL Connection as i want it as backup..

I've tried Reliance & Tata Indicom both of them said they cannot provide more than 1.5 mbps connection

Now my questions are
1. Any good ISP in and near Jogeshwari West near MTNL Branch of Jogeshwari?
2. I have a hosted server with a company in Ontario, Canada, this server has Unlimited data plan (Unmetered 100MBPS Connection) How much would it cost me for a leased line / any similar 1:1 Connection to this server so i can enjoy this Unmetered Connection
3. Any other Options except for Shifting to Canada :P

Thanks

Awaiting your reply

Aasim
5-9's (99.999%) uptime is basically carrier grade bandwidth. You'll not get much of that even in 30 lakhs a year.Airtel itself has an office in Jogeshwari, maybe they cover your building.A leased line is usually an oversold product, that is, most companies selling leased lines are selling their customers more than you need and in some circumstances, they're of similar reliability to any other residential or business broadband (depending on the area). What you would actually need to enjoy a full 100mbit/s link between you and Ontario is a Point to Point MPLS connection which won't come cheap.
No one can provide 99.99% uptime but only in india. There are lots of telecom companies in the world who provide 99.99% uptime to their customers or offer some type of discount during down time. See, tikona leased line customers get discount during down time but chances of getting down are almost less.

I think as I know that load balancing router is very costly to afford for a residential user. It has two features which do not work simultaneously like Auto failure backup and combining two internet lines. When one line fails, load balance switches network to the next one. And about combining to use both lines' bandwidth, if one fails, whole network get down. So, if any one line has little breaking problem, network will go down. Load balance is only good for failure purpose and to balance the load when two servers are connected.
Ok, i am doing Visual Route to determine where I am loosing Response times & this is what i findfrom My PC it goes to IPADDRESS.myispl.comthen to another IPADDRESS.myispl.comthen to Australia

Back