A couple of problems

• Thread starter Thread starter naick
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,607
I havn't arrived to any conclusion yetWhat I'm doing right now is getting up at 2.00 am in the night and doing all the stuff. The reason behind it being don't know PRECISELY what to do.

if you are using pppoe mode in which you get connected by just turning on the mode)you must reboot your modem at 2:05AM & 7:55AM & after rebooting your modem will automatically connect.however if you use bridge mode you just have to use two batch(.bat) files to connect & disconnect the connection & your billing problems will be solved.rebooting your modem using telnet scripts is harder as different modems requires different telnet scripts & still there is no guarantee.however batch files are very simple & will work on all windows XP systems regardless of modem & these will work for sure as far as i know.both telenet script & batch files can be set to run at specified times by using windows task scheduler.

Right.But what about dial up thingy. It doesn't seem to working out. Coz I'm unable to follow the instructions. What is TELnet?

Sorry mate. I had a lot of probs. Now I have become accustomed to getting up at 2 and doing stuff. (the above link doesn't lead anywhere)Now I've got bigger worries. My modem keeps rebooting every few seconds if I'm right. The main telephone connection is at the hall. And the one I'm using for broad band is from a parallel connection. Since I had this issue before. I remove the connection atthe hall, for full bandwidth at my parallel port. But now it doesn't seem to work. Plz advice.

/members/naick/ modem Ut300R2U
Problems :1. intermittent connection . Dialup mode.
2.Unable to set auto schedulers.
http://i17.tinypic.com/6xsi7o3.jpg
Check SNR and attn values . SNR > 10 db and above
for downloads and attn < 1 to 40 db
post similar screen shot of your modem ut300R2u. if possible.
Use additional splitter for hall telephone.
All phones ONLY after splitters.

Back