A small query on BSNL Broadband.....

If you have a landline connection and it is clear throughout the year, you can go for broadband. No issues at all. If there is no noise in the landline, there is hardly any problem in BSNL. My landline phone has more sound than a barking dog. And it never gets fixed. If the exchange is 500m from your house, then it is smooth as butter. My DB box is 100-200 meters from my house and I have been requesting them from ages to set up a DB box in front of my house. I have been upto their Rs.3400 plans in the past but they never heeded to my requests.

My landline doesnt even get any signal or noise. :p
But still my Broadband works fine without any disconnection. I use broadband only.

Thanks for the help Zaman.

How to apply for the connection??? I applied online but no response for the past 3 days. Should i go to exchange and apply there??? The problem is my office timings in that case:(:(

If torrent downloads are your primary Internet traffic, try to get a local Cable Broadband connection. They provide local peering and you won't have to use a VPN. Plus in South Kolkata cable broadband companies are generally more reliable than BSNL and cheaper as they offer unlimited plans (without FUP).

It depends on your area and your local cable operator. If he is unreliable then there is no point in taking a connection as the cable operator will provide support. I am using Wishnet Broadband now. I pay 1000 INR for Unlimited @2Mbps(12:00pm - 00:00am)/4Mbps(00:00am - 12:00pm) with 30Mbps peering on torrents.

Back