about recording using airtel dvr or hd dvr box

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul_dth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,286
ISP
local
i have some questions , please answer them
1)can i connect dvr box to laptop via HDMI output o laptop USB in(using hdmi to USB cable---HDMI out from dvr box to USB In to laptop)
2)can i connect dvr box to laptop by using USB CAPTURE CARD(iam posting the capture card in below link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-EasyCAP-USB-TV-VHS-DVD-Video-Audio-AV-Capture-adapter-UVS-10-0-WIN7-64-bit-/370836836115
will it helps me to see on laptop with same clarity as on tv?
is this device supports me to play tv programmes on my laptop
can i use some screen capture or video capture software to record the vidoes??
i have AIRTEL DVR BOX( i have plan to upgrade to hd dvr if this recording process works) and Dell XPS15 LAPTOP

please some one reply and give me suggestions please. there are so many experts here

I dont think HDMI output to laptop will work, because HDMI is having copy-protection enabled, and it also has some signalling to detect if other end in TV. So can't be sure of HDMI.
But RCA connector to USB should work as these are Analogue signals (Video/Audio) without any copy protection.

SVK said:
I dont think HDMI output to laptop will work, because HDMI is having copy-protection enabled, and it also has some signalling to detect if other end in TV. So can't be sure of HDMI.
But RCA connector to USB should work as these are Analogue signals (Video/Audio) without any copy protection.
thanks for the reply, rca connector transfers the same clarity to laptop?

It should transfer with same quality, but not sure what may happen at USB interface. It may get downscaled at USB interface, or application capturing the Video/Audio also effect it.

Back