About tamil channels and how sun tv succeded

harishravi86

ISP
BSNL
Thats right...Sun headlines news will have 7 times the TRP of main news of the nearest competitor...Kalaignar TV is not a competitor for SUN TV rather its a competittor for KTV...
First we have to understand why SUN TV is popular...The reason is the quality and clarity....I don't think no channel could aspire the clarity of sun tv in the early 2000 and the late 1990 and they just kept on improving themselves...At one point they did not have a competitor and created another channel to compete within themselves...
Sun broke the traditional tamilan from Friday evening Oliyum oliyum to something new concept of one set of films...Having a film database such has the one they have he defenitely exploited with clever marketing strategy...Th word 'Indiya tholaikatchigalil mudhal murayaga" defenitely drew people to the TV sets and almost made it as a tradition....Out of 100 homs atleast 98 homes will have SUN TV will be at channel 1 just because of the quality content...
The news became popular because that was the only way of opposing the Jaya govt in 1996 and they kept on improving....They first facced problem in 2003-2004 from Jaya tv not in terms of TRP ratings but some arm twisting activities when MuraliRaman took control of jaya tv...What he did was secured Jaya TV for 10 years by signing multi year agreements with sponsors for programmes like Ragamaalika and few other programmes...The real shot in the arm came in 2004-2005 post catching veerappan where cine people hosted a festival praising the chief minister was praised by one and all especially by Rajini...
They got some movies by armtwisting like Dishyum and few other movies and almost tried to get Anniyan and Chandramukhi...Sun realized this and gave twice the usual price...They bought both the films together for around 2 crores which was a huge amount in 2005 for a tamil movie...
Post election in 2006-2007 it was smooth till that Madurai incident happened....Then started kalaignar TV and there entred Arcot N Veeraswamy convinced and threatened all SUN employees to join Kalaignar TV which most of them did....They have to realize that in Media the brand is more important than faces....Just because u take Uma from SUN TV you will never get the popularity as the original program...Actually pepsi Ungal choice itself was a program imported from DD....But none knew it...Now I want to take a dig at Arcot....he was more interested in Kalaignar TV in buying movies and threatening sun employees rather than working for the welfare of the TNEB and thats the main reason for power cut and SUN run a massive campaign against him and finally succeeded....But he created a sorry figure for himself by accepting his guilt...A power minister can cause 10 MP's atleast....
The amount of armtwisting he did was such that Oscar Ravichandran who owed huge money to SUN TV switched sides to Kalaignar TV for few favours to his films...
Sivaji was bought for 4 crores and Dasavatharam was bought little more than that...Now where did they get so much money may be from party cadres...But whats the ROI? You can get advertisement for sports slot or u can get a co optex advertisement and others won't pay that much amount to the TV...
The best program in kalignar TV is Manada mayilada which has an average TRP of .83...So what will be the advertisement rate for it...In the same slot the Hollywood movie clocks 2.62 for Anaconda but on average its atleast twice that of manada Mayilada...?Now their marketing strategy will work only in one-2 years in 2010 and 2011...
but guess what we never know what will happen before that..We may see kalaignar TV being acquired by SUN TV which has a very high proablity in the absence of karuna...
once the power goes there will be no ads,no money for buying big movies and TV will fade out....And I don't know how didn't the employees who moved from Sun to kalaignar realized that...Do they think Kalaignar can offer permanent jobs to them..What will happen incase of buyout by SUN TV....Won't their careers be under scrutiny by Maran for ditching him during a time of distress...
Now in 2010 how is Sun going to manage we never know but one has to remember SUN knows better that time is ticking and losing one of the prime slots will spell dooms to their business...People may have seen Sivaji or chandramukhi but watching it wwith family on a festival day is something special....Look at the advertisement of Chandramukhi that was the best way to market a movie....And please don't joke that people will also watch Billa...Billa is a stylish movie and not a movie that can be watched at home...And people know that this will be telecasted soon on a sunday and hence they will conveniently watch chandramukhi....
But coming to how to tackle Sivaji and Dasavatharam is a big question...But remember with nothing in the movie with two new faces they have marketed a 3 crore movie with just 5 superhit sucess and made it into a sucess imagine their power with Vijay or Ajith or may be some X factor who may emerge before the deadline....You never know...They are innovative and who would have thought of bringing Abdul kalam for Diwali..They always surprise the audience and just then they would get a mega film festival where they may bring Rajini and kamal together and telecast it during Diwali and again they may attract people by clever marketing....
Now these are some thoughts about the media...Will write more about Vijay TV KTV and other televisions...I hope u like this....I just wrote as it came..Don't scold me for discontinuity of ideas...These topics can be debated as well...

kalignar is best nd vijay tv is best............ sun tv is totally waste......................:wall:

In my thoughts I forgot to mention that serials are the mainstream revenue for sun tv..Inorder to maintain a consistent viewership base there is no way other than using mega serials....Kolangal is running for 6 years Mettioli ran for 7 years I guess...Chitti was another recordbreaking serial....Its not that women are alone watchig these serial even youg people are watching these serial because of lack of other option...We have only one TV....But Internet moved young people from TV and gave parents rule the TRP's...Now who is ruling there? Undoubtedly SUN TV...Kalaignar TV tried its best by armtwisting and whatever possible ways...By this time Kalaignar TV would have realized that its not the people which make the serials popular rather the time slot and the TV in which the serial is aired is making the serial popular.... When I got to know the TRP's of the much hyped serials of kalaignar TV its pathetic...For instance in chennai households 22.5% TV were viewing Kolangal while the sop in Kalaignar TV got 2.5%...I don't know how they are managing the sky rocketing fat packages to its employees....If you see SUN is ready to replace 9:00 PM slot with three existing serials...If you have noticed they never risked that slot with a new serial...The 9:00-10:00 slot is the most important revenue slot for them...If Kolangal ends next week they will move Kalasam or Anandam or Kasturi to that slot...Don't forget all of them are equally popular as Kolangal..The only advantage of Kolangal is that its in the prime time slot and will go on till the TRP's start to slag....Coming back to Kalaignar TV's salary they must be using the party funds to pay people who moved from SUN TV...But they should realize by now that with Kalaignar TV they cannot even dream of winning the election without the support of SUN TV...One has to remember the impact they made in 2006 election...They gave their prime time slots to the campaign of the DMK and its allies...Now imagine if they remain neutral which they would do unless some miracle happen would spell deep trouble for karuna and his allies...Well most of them are not with DMK now and this would unilaterally help Vijaykanth who won 8% without any support from any media would trouble both the mainstream politcal parties with little support from SUN network...As a business oppurtunity SUN network can auction their slot just like DD for the campaign...Will they do that we will have to wait and watch and thats one advantage of being popular and neutral... Lets put a temporary stop here regarding this and now start writing about Vijay TV and KTV two of my favourite channels... Now VIJAY TV comes from Star network....Now don't call these people innovative which would ridicule the actual people behind those ideas...I would just appreciate them for trying it here....They improved their TRP ratings thanks to programs like lollu sabha which I really enjoy especially the likes Santhanam and Jeeva who really entertained...Jodhi Nhumber 1 breaked the monopoly of SUN TV in that 8:00 PM slot and SUN had no option of copying the same program during that slot...And kalaignar just followed suit...What Vijay TV has done is set a trend in Tamil cable televisions... I don't like dance shows much and especially the way Simbhu acted by crying really ridiculed his stature not only as a judge but as a hero...I like music and hence I watched Airtel super singer and it was good...Now again that program was a copy of an American based program...Well the worst is that in Raj TV the same Airtel is sponsoring the same program with almost same judges shows the amount of plagarism involved in the media..may be too many singers who have emerged out may be one reason for this...Alright as long as people accept it no problem but do they is my question which has no answers rather than no as an answer.... Coming to Lollu Sabha its one program I loved to watch when Santhanam and his team ridiculed all the movies was really good...Its actually an extension of what happens during college culturals...I liked Jeeva and his mimicry as well...Then came kalakkapovathu Yaaru...Now I don't know what was Sadagopan Ramesh doing there...There is a limit for copying..Have man for man principle in TV was exposed there seriously...Navjot Sidhu was a media personality and replacing him with a dud like Ramesh oh God give me a break!!!but I loved Robho Shankar,Aravind and Kovai Guna...The first time he did like Sivaji,Rajini,Goundar and plus mimicry I really jumped out of my chair laughing...I am yet to see him make me laugh after that...May be his stuff is that much only...The one man still surprises me is madurai Muthu...But what I want and would like to watch is Tirunelveli slang with Koimbatore kusumbu like the Vincent poovaraghan charecter in Dasavatharam...Someone will be there and its just a case of giving an oppurtunity...Coming back to kalakkapovathu Yaaru past 2 and 3 which were really dud and I did not like it as I started to watch in SUN TV which too is slagging and may be time to find some new concept..... Another program is Neeya naana...Again don't think this is original concept..This was something based on We the People by barkha Dutt and Big fight by Rajdeep Sardesai in NDTV who revolutionized the media with his journalistic skills and grilled the politicians.... I like Neeya Naana but I have some disagreements with the way he anchors the show...One instance I remember is when he asked an husband whether he will allow his wife to go for a job and decide right then will make any husband to embarrass but one should realize the ground realit with regard to this...If a wife goes to job who will take care of the kids...Kids growing without parents support will become vulgar and will suffer from dipression...let me not deviate from the topic...This is not one off case...If someone try to say something that is not agreeable to Gopi he will try to force his opinion on them which is against the concept of debate...He is a hot property and again he is being eyed by Kalanidhi maran as a political analyst by SUN TV...So Vijay increase his pay or face attrition.... Another serial is Kana Kanum Kalangal which I think is 100% innovative serial which I liked not because of the serial but the idea...Because I always feel that school days is the best days of entertainment..This I say after finishing college and working in an IT concern for more than 1 year...NO one can dare to forget their school days just because of the integrity of friendships and truthful relationship which you cannot find in college or in your profession....I did not watch the serial but full marks to them for giving a new serial on this idea.... The problem with Vijay TV is the lack of content and enough advertisers...Well advertisement will come with TRP's...But they still don't have enough programs to telecast even after being in the business for nearly 10-12 years(first with Vijay mallya then as GEC then as Vijay and then as Star Vijay)May be they did not have early advantage or political affiliation like SUN TV or Jaya TV.... I would like them to stand up with new ideas which sets the tone...I wish Vijay Tv towards that direction.... Now coming to K TV the channel I watched most of the time during college days...I watched atleast 500 movies(may be very less) in K Tv during my college days and even before exams I watched movies...I was such a movie freak during my college days that I watched a crap movie like Manasellam twice or thrice...there would be one song in that movie which always tell me that Padikkira pozhuthul padikka maranthal vazhkkai thalaikizh maarum...Well friends it came tru in my life...Lets not get deep into it... The TV I liked the most is K TV and the 8' Superhit iravu katchi is the most favourite slot for me and out of 7 days I would watch 4 days irrespective of the quality of the movie...But for those movies many would have forgotten several heroes and heroines....And Srikanth just confirmed that during the inaguration of SUN Pictures....He is really a talented actor but he is not getting a good director....I watch Rajini movies irrespective of the number of time they put in a week...I remember in 2005-2006 when the contract for Annamalai was ending they put the movie nearly 25 times in a gape of 18 days....Well I would have watched atleast 6 times during that time...Everyone would have watched Baasha,Muthu,Arunachalam as many times as it was telecasted....For that matter even Valli and Baba which was a box office bomb...I am yet to watch Kuselan and waiting for new year release in Kalaignar TV :) Kalaignar TV is out and out movie based TV and I liked the Hollywood show where they would put most of the scenes in new hollywood movies which I liked very much...Climax is another program I liked in the begining then fed up with it....Stunt show too I like but nowadays don't like action...Liking only comedy..May be because of work pressure....the launch of kalaignar TV has troubled the revenues of KTV...It has conveniently been pushed to the third spot by Kalaignar TV after all Maran is not worried because he still knows it will not impact his revenue much since its a value add for SUN TV....KTV audience is a niche audience who don't watch any serials and they are people who continously flip channels...(More thoughts to come)...Suggestions welcome

one fact is that every 1 will be keen to know what film SUN TV will air on festive days than any other channel. this shows the Power of SUNTV to make viewers expect and wait for its Movie Plans. Now a days kalaignar also has some Hit movies than SUN, but still SUNTV 6PM movie still rocks on festive days.. atleast for this Diwali and so on.. IT was the First to introduce OB Vans for Live Broadcast in tamil Satellite channel History and was Fist satellite Tv to air Live Shows and Live News. Early days it used to conduct various contests and issue prices on festive days and the Train Tour from chennai to kanya kumari are its First . Ilamai pudhumai, Pepsi ungal choice, thiraivanam, neengal ketta paadal, arattai arangam, meendum meendum sirippu, thiraivimarsanam, Marma desam (serial), vanakkam tamizhagam, top 10 movies, sendra vara ulagam(now moved to sunnews) , singapore/malaysia star nyte, all were TOP Hits during early times. may be many of the above have been copied by kalaignar and jaya.(makkal arangam by visu). It was the First tamil chnl to air crorepathi .(kodeeswaran with sarathkumar). famous Dialogue : Nan Ready , Neenga Rediya ??It was the First tamil satellite chnl to Air News. It was the First Tamil chnl to air Films on saturdays too. Moreover at early days it was SUN tv which made people to take cable connection. and all call it as SUNTV connection and not cable tv conenction. there by it became a member of family at all homes. its very difficult for any chnl to reach this position. (in terms of popularity and viwership base) one should not forget that SUN had the power to make a party come to Power (DMK win elections and jaya to loose Government ). even kalaignartv for sure cannot make DMK win .this is exclusive Previlieage to SUNTV one more previlieage SUN had is many tamil Films use SUN TV News , this shows the Trust and popularity SUN has. 90% of directors use SUN TV news in their movies. and with regards to SUN TV news , it had the capability to Hype any News (big or small ) and give popularity to that News. No other channel had that capability. Vijaytv news a few years back was good as NDTV was Producing for it. but later it stopped.

well done harishravi:thumb:Many vijay tv fans keep blaming sun tv copy from vijay tv and force ppl from vijay tv to join sun tv,but they forgot vijay tv has copied many sun tv shows before and they have even poached ppl from sun tv before. Rabi bernard, devadarshini, uma padmanaban, swarnamaalya.... and list goes on. Almost all the vijay tv top programs are import of the shows from star plus and star plus import those programs from western channels. Dancing with the stars --- nache balye in star plus -- jodi no 1 in vijay. Airtel Super singer again imported from other channels, even kana kaanum kaalangal they have a similar serial running in star plus for long. Another drawback of vijay tv is expect few programs in evening they dont have much original content, most of the are repeated programs and the morning slot is filled with chittu kuruvi legiyam selling guy, poli siddha doctor's program and gem stones selling guys program and teleshopping. Another draw back of vijay tv is though they do some good programs they mostly look like programs for upper class and city people, the channel have less popularity among the other segments of the people.

:rofl: for chittukuruvi stuff......Yes dude you are right I had specified the lack of content thing which is because of lack of cine programs and affiliations..Day before yesterday read that Dasa producer planning to sue vijay shows their relationship with film fraternity...Somehow they have to compete and standup....

Most channels when they launch a serial or tv show with big stars if the show dont get enough trps they dont stop the show so soon or stop them immediate, but with sun tv if the show didnt get enough trps even though big stars and big budget show they immediately stop them or move to a different time slot, eg - thiruvilayadal serial which was made in big budget but didnt get enough trps they stopped it immediate and replaced with another serial, lakshmi serial acted by meena didnt get enough trps moved to 10pm slot from 8.30pm primetime slot. once they know a show didnt get enough trps or didnt catchup with the viewers they change the shows immediate and replace with different ones and keep their leadership in the time slots. Kalaingar tv have many big star serials which didnt have good trps but still they keep teelcasting them. kalaingar tv manada mayilada and sun tv masthana masthana was telecasted in the same time but manada mayilada was leading than masthana masthana, sun tv immediately stopped the show and replaced with hollywood movies and they are geting trps 3 4 times more than manada mayilada. infact most of the hollywood movies sun tv telecasted have been the top rated show in recent weeks.

Sun Tv's Top Rated program is getting a all india trp of 2.5 and the least trp program getting .84. but kalaingar tv top rated show manada mayilada is only .81 which is less than than least popular show in sun tv.

:rofl: for chittukuruvi stuff...
...Yes dude you are right I had specified the lack of content thing which is because of lack of cine programs and affiliations..Day before yesterday read that Dasa producer planning to sue vijay shows their relationship with film fraternity...Somehow they have to compete and standup....

yeap lack of content, it applies to all channels, becoz you cannot keep showing movies, songs round the clock in a general entertainment channel thats why sun tv fills the week day slot morning to evening with serials.

even though kalingar tv bought many movies this year and from last year, they cant jus run the channel with telecasting movies round the clock, and most of the movies they bought they have paid lot of money than it is worth, eg kuselan bought for 7 crores:wall: just becoz they dont want sun tv to get the movies they keep paying lot of money and buying the movies whats the use and recovering the money back is not that easy. they have paid crores of money to buy dasa and sivaji but they cant tlecast in tv for atleast next 3 years in tv as per the agreement. before they telecast the movies anything can happen in between.

For the price what kalaingar tv has bought the telecast rights of movies sun tv produces a whole movie and release them, kadalil vizhunthen produced for 3 crores expected to get around 10 crores. even if the movie fails in box office they will still recover the money through tv telecast and broadcasting songs thru their fm radio stations. if the movie fares well in box office it is just an extra income for them. it seams kalaingar tv also goign to release movies like sun tv through azhagiri's son dayanithi, they have bought vaaranam aayiram for 21 crores and they plan to do same kind of marketing like sun tv did for kadhalil vizhunthen( i just remind the proverb puliyai paarthu poonai udambula soodu pottukondathu) jus becoz sun tv doing this idiots spending this much money to buy movie and releasing them, imagine if it bombs in box office:yahoo: the risk is more. No Business which runs for the sake of ego never wins, there should be a business motive behind what they do. but kalaingar tv buying movie rights for large sum money, paying actos large money is not business sense

ragavindia said:
one fact is that every 1 will be keen to know what film SUN TV will air on festive days than any other channel. this shows the Power of SUNTV to make viewers expect and wait for its Movie Plans.

Yes but nowadays its pretty straightforward because of the number of hit movies....:)I told 2 weeks back that its going to be chandramukhi and i was proved right...

Now a days kalaignar also has some Hit movies than SUN, but still SUNTV 6PM movie still rocks on festive days.. atleast for this Diwali and so on..
I don't like the announcer one little bit...He simply gives the same hype to a movie like telugu dubbed Nandhu and super hit Billa...Anyways Billa will get poorer TRP rating than vettayadu vilayadu and I don't know on what basis advertisers believe they would meet the target audience...Billa is a stylish movie and should be watched in theatre...Chandramukhi is an out and out entertainer cum thriller for first timers...And Jyothika would have simply stole the show in the last 20 minutes...And Sun opted for clever marketing strategy of three movies from the traditional 2 forcing other channels to go for movies whose database are almost empty...

IT was the First to introduce OB Vans for Live Broadcast in tamil Satellite channel History and was Fist satellite Tv to air Live Shows and Live News.
Yes they were competing against themselves in a monopoly...
Early days it used to conduct various contests and issue prices on festive days and the Train Tour from chennai to kanya kumari are its First .
It was copied by jaya tv but its not commercially viable and sun needs no popularizing itself and hence they stopped

Ilamai pudhumai, Pepsi ungal choice, thiraivanam, neengal ketta paadal, arattai arangam, meendum meendum sirippu, thiraivimarsanam, Marma desam (serial), vanakkam tamizhagam, top 10 movies, sendra vara ulagam(now moved to sunnews) , singapore/malaysia star nyte, all were TOP Hits during early times. may be many of the above have been copied by kalaignar and jaya.(makkal arangam by visu). It was the First tamil chnl to air crorepathi .(kodeeswaran with sarathkumar). famous Dialogue : Nan Ready , Neenga Rediya ??
It was the First tamil satellite chnl to Air News.
It was the First Tamil chnl to air Films on saturdays too.
Ilamai pudhumai swarnamalya and Archana rocked
Pepsi ungal choice-Sorry state of uma courtesy Arcot N veerasamy
Thiraivanam-forgot her name...Dance or quit...Already removed from top 10
Neengal ketta padal-vijay aadhiraj and vijay saarathy(where is he)
Arattai Arangam-At some point it has to endbut visu choose the wrong place..He should have gone to vijay
Meendum meendum sirippu-don'y like moorthy
Sendra vara ulagam-watched sometimes
Star nights-I enjoyed those especially charity cricket matches
Thiraivimarsanam-Don't like it
Top 10-At one point producers paid money for higher ratings
Kodiswaran-That stopped because of rule change in 2001 and jaya used the studio for jackpot...One day kush may come without jacket such a pathetic program...
News-They are powerful and no one dare to underestimate them
Saturday movie:I am a movie freak and never miss any

Moreover at early days it was SUN tv which made people to take cable connection. and all call it as SUNTV connection and not cable tv conenction. there by it became a member of family at all homes. its very difficult for any chnl to reach this position. (in terms of popularity and viwership base)
Thats why it has trp's equivalent to hindi channels...

one should not forget that SUN had the power to make a party come to Power (DMK win elections and jaya to loose Government ). even kalaignartv for sure cannot make DMK win .
this is exclusive Previlieage to SUNTV
Yes you are right sun has 8 times more reachablity and trustablity than all other TV's put together including KTV...Remember the day before elections if Sun shows images of people suffering from power cut and price rise...Oh My god that would create havoc....Better karuna surrender to Marans or you will have no central ministers and congress dictating terms here with coalition...And I want to see it congress losing parli election and DMK win/lose won't count because congress will dictate terms here...Waiting for the election..

one more previlieage SUN had is many tamil Films use SUN TV News , this shows the Trust and popularity SUN has. 90% of directors use SUN TV news in their movies.
well said

and with regards to SUN TV news , it had the capability to Hype any News (big or small ) and give popularity to that News. No other channel had that capability. Vijaytv news a few years back was good as NDTV was Producing for it. but later it stopped.
[/quote]
yes during 2001 election Vijay played spoilsport to karuna...Sun has grown leaps and bounds after 2001..Their role during 2006 is well known and karuna would be trembling what if they endorse vijaykanth like that...Maran has the key lets see...Inspite of it if dayanidhi contests in chennai central as an independent he will lose...Thats because central chennai is DMK's fortress and Karuna would give that to kanimozhi...Lets wait and watch

Most channels when they launch a serial or tv show with big stars if the show dont get enough trps they dont stop the show so soon or stop them immediate, but with sun tv if the show didnt get enough trps even though big stars and big budget show they immediately stop them or move to a different time slot, eg - thiruvilayadal serial which was made in big budget but didnt get enough trps they stopped it immediate and replaced with another serial, lakshmi serial acted by meena didnt get enough trps moved to 10pm slot from 8.30pm primetime slot. once they know a show didnt get enough trps or didnt catchup with the viewers they change the shows immediate and replace with different ones and keep their leadership in the time slots. Kalaingar tv have many big star serials which didnt have good trps but still they keep teelcasting them. kalaingar tv manada mayilada and sun tv masthana masthana was telecasted in the same time but manada mayilada was leading than masthana masthana, sun tv immediately stopped the show and replaced with hollywood movies and they are geting trps 3 4 times more than manada mayilada. infact most of the hollywood movies sun tv telecasted have been the top rated show in recent weeks.

Sun Tv's Top Rated program is getting a all india trp of 2.5 and the least trp program getting .84. but kalaingar tv top rated show manada mayilada is only .81 which is less than than least popular show in sun tv.

yeap lack of content, it applies to all channels, becoz you cannot keep showing movies, songs round the clock in a general entertainment channel thats why sun tv fills the week day slot morning to evening with serials.

even though kalingar tv bought many movies this year and from last year, they cant jus run the channel with telecasting movies round the clock, and most of the movies they bought they have paid lot of money than it is worth, eg kuselan bought for 7 crores:wall: just becoz they dont want sun tv to get the movies they keep paying lot of money and buying the movies whats the use and recovering the money back is not that easy. they have paid crores of money to buy dasa and sivaji but they cant tlecast in tv for atleast next 3 years in tv as per the agreement. before they telecast the movies anything can happen in between.

For the price what kalaingar tv has bought the telecast rights of movies sun tv produces a whole movie and release them, kadalil vizhunthen produced for 3 crores expected to get around 10 crores. even if the movie fails in box office they will still recover the money through tv telecast and broadcasting songs thru their fm radio stations. if the movie fares well in box office it is just an extra income for them. it seams kalaingar tv also goign to release movies like sun tv through azhagiri's son dayanithi, they have bought vaaranam aayiram for 21 crores and they plan to do same kind of marketing like sun tv did for kadhalil vizhunthen( i just remind the proverb puliyai paarthu poonai udambula soodu pottukondathu) jus becoz sun tv doing this idiots spending this much money to buy movie and releasing them, imagine if it bombs in box office:yahoo: the risk is more. No Business which runs for the sake of ego never wins, there should be a business motive behind what they do. but kalaingar tv buying movie rights for large sum money, paying actos large money is not business sense
21 crores for a Tamil movie marketing:wall:....Are you sure of the figures...Because Dasavatharam was sold at just 4.25 crores and Sivaji for 4 crores....i couldn't believe they would even dare to buy a movie at 5 crores....And already Kuselan is a box office bombshell...Athukke kizhinjidum lambadi lungi....The marketing strategy used for kadhalil vizhunthe is entirely different from a Surya movie....You need not and should not advertise a Surya movie like Kadhalil vizhunthen....And it may be a box office hit but if someone buys it for 21 crores they are more fools than Pyramid saimira who sold the rights for 64 crores by believing a director like P Vasu who gives hit once in a decade....What are the people of kalaignar tv thinking?They don't even have 1/10th of trp during prime time of sun tv and how will they market a movie...Sun has a global reach to tamils...Kalaignar tvkku Arakkonam thandinale theriyathu...I was in Mysore for 1 year and no one asked for Kalaignar tv but if sun doesn't come for one hour they would get 100 phone calls........
Well now I know why there is no promos for Varanam Aiyiram in SUN TV...

vijayasarathy of neengal ketavai fame is the programming head of zee tamizh.

pepsi uma now regrets for coming out of sun, she recently said in a interview for vikatan that she had more freedom and respect in sun but lost all in kalaingar tv and infact faced torture and she had to leave. i Wish sun tv takes uma back.

chances of maran winning mp seat of he stand as a independent becoz stalin never wanted to go against maran's, just becoz of azhagiri maran's are not able to get back to karuna, stalins supporters will not work against marans. even if kanimozhi stands there stalins support will be only for maran

21 crores for a Tamil movie marketing:wall:....Are you sure of the figures...Because Dasavatharam was sold at just 4.25 crores and Sivaji for 4 crores....i couldn't believe they would even dare to buy a movie phone calls........
Well now I know why there is no promos for Varanam Aiyiram in SUN TV...

yes the news ins confirmed in vikatan, indiaglitz, behindwoods...... they have bought the theaterical release of vaaranam aayiram. aascar films sold the movie to gemini film circuit, gemini film circuit sold it to gautham menon for 18 crores and gautham menon sold it to azhgiri for 21 crores:wall:

Back