Acesspoint or Wireless Bridge Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter raamkum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 9,845

raamkum

ISP
Airtel
Hello, I have two BSNL DATAONE router. I would like to make one of them access the other router wirelessly. So I am trying out Access point or Wireless bridge. The two BSNL DATAONE ROUTERS ARE: Nokia Siemens Networks 1600 and ITI DNA-A211-1 The options in the wireless bridge are these: First Drop down : 1. Access point 2. Wireless Bridge - I have to choose any of the two Second Drop Down: 1. Enabled 2. Enabled (Scan) 3. Disabled - I have to choose any of the three. In first drop down If I choose Access point and second drop down if I choose Enabled. I get the following options Remote Bridges MAC Address: (With Four different Text box.) 1st Text Box 2nd Text Box 3rd Text Box 4th Text Box I am not sure what to enter in the Text box in Remote Bridges MAC Address. So If I choose Accesspoint and second drop down if I choose Enabled (Scan) . I get the following Option Remote Bridges MAC Address: Table: with first column blank, second column says SSID thrid column says BSSID Again I am not sure what show I with this information. So If I choose Wireless bridge mode in the first Option and second drop down if I choose Enabled I get the same details: Remote Bridges MAC Address: (With Four different Text box.) 1st Text Box 2nd Text Box 3rd Text Box 4th Text Box I am not sure what to enter in the Text box in Remote Bridges MAC Address. So If I choose Wireless bridge and second drop down if I choose Enabled (Scan) . I get the following Option Remote Bridges MAC Address: Table: with first column blank, second column says SSID thrid column says BSSID Again I am not sure what show I with this information. So somebody help me out configure wireless bridge or access point for me? Awaiting your response! Thanks!

The two: Nokia Siemens Networks 1600 and ITI DNA-A211-1
101.Both will be same.
Check the Hardware board details in Device Info.
Please mention the distance involved.
....103:
These WIFI models will not work as WIFI repeaters.
need WDS ( wireless distribution system )option.
Both need DATA Input from Rj11 , or you can connect RJ45
from say LAN1 SNT1600 to DNA A211 Lan1 and check the laptop/s
within range. of each wifi router.
........105:
say your WIFI ID is abc 1600 With a security key.
can pick up the signal. ( Wireless AP)any laptop in range
Same way DNA 211-A1 will not pick up the signals.
Check the diagnostics page.
You can make WIFI router settings Identical and try.

Para two

The MAC address is the address of the laptops , which will access in WIFI Mode.
So you can enter the MAC address of DNA a211-I in Siemens 1600 and try.

SSID: the name given in Siemens. by you FOR THE WIFI NEnetwork.
Bssid BroadcAST SSID.

Feedback please, whether successful or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
102. Distance is about 30meters. One wireless doesn't really work properly. Hence thought of wireless bridge or access point.
104. Might not work for me. I can't wire the router. :(
108. I tried logging in with the 2 ADSL router. One is connected the other is not connected :(

How about me buying a wireless access point and get the wireless from Nokia Siemens Networks 1600.

I was talking about this one:
eBay India: Buffalo Wireless G Broadband Wifi Router & Access Point (item 220557429777 end time 18-Mar-2010 13:10:50 IST)

If I buy this will this solve my issue???

distance 30 meters. Straight line ?
Within a radius of 10 to 15 meters a wifi signal can be picked
up , provided there is no obstruction , like walls/ wooden doors
& different heights of each receiving station ( laptop)
Position at a greater height the wifi routers.
10 Tips For Improving Your Wireless Network

cable length of rj45 can be max 100 meters without much loss of signal .

As both are same models , recheck the settings.

eBay India: Buffalo Wireless G Broadband Wifi Router & Access Point (item 220557429777 end time 18-Mar-2010 13:10:50 IST)
downloaded manual 41 pages. may be more efficient than%2

Please await response from other members.

Back