• Thread starter Thread starter lifo23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 20,707
@gopichandpai
i am using BSNL Broadband - upto 4mbps plan
i wish to go for ACT 25mbps plan
for my use i need only dynamic IP connection only
because to go for particular online txn, for the second time with the same IP, some times i have to wait for 90 days.
to over come this i used to logout and login immediately and will continue my next txn, since IP address will be changed on every new login.
whereas in ACT BB, as you stated though dynamic IP is provided, it will be changed automatically once in every 24 hrs.
my doubts:
1. we have to wait for 24 hrs to our 'dynamice' IP changed automatically - whether we have to wait compulsory or we can request for change of IP, before 24 hrs
2. how this 24 hrs time is calculated - is it like fixed 'checkout' as followed by major Hotels or 24 hrs from the time we logged in

please clarify
regards
anbudan

Whenever you logout and login you will get a new ip address. If you don't logout for 24 hours(most of the time exact 24 hours) your ip address will be renewed and you get a new ip adress. 24 hours starts as soon as you login.

Hello Forum Members,
I joined this forum to share my experience with ACT Broadband. I recently moved into my new apartment and prior to moving in I did a lot of research on the internet service providers in the area since I do a lot of work from home. Luckily I found out that ACT Broadband has coverage in my area and I called them up. On 2nd of November (Chota Diwali) there person came to collect the documents and payment at whichever time I specified. He very clearly said that since that was a Diwali weekend, my connection will get activated latest by Wednesday. He also mentioned that my apartment allready has a DP installed hence it would not be a problem at all.
Now comes, 5th of October, Tuesday. I get a call early in the morning from the installation guy from ACT asking for my available time for the wiring. He was very prompt and punctual. It took a total of 15 mins to complete the wiring and he tested the connection and gave the demo. He also said that latest by 6th my connection will get activated and it did.
I have not yet got a chance to test the full potential of the connection, however I can say one thing for sure, after reading multiple reviews in this forum, I was skeptical about the initial response of the company, but to my surprise, they were really well behaved and prompt in their response.
Total time it took for me to get the connection: 4 days
Total calls made to ACT: 3 (including calling the sales guy)
I will post review about the speed and QOS later.
PS: I am on the 15 MBps / 40 GB plan.
Later homies
AC
can i have contact of act broadband gurgaon

Hello guys,
Sharing my 1st day experience with ACT broadband. Got a call yesterday (exactly as promised) from the customer care and activated my service. Got sms from them with my user id and password. Allthough I was impatient to rush back home to test, I could only manage to reach home and the first thing I tried was to connect. Initially faced a little trouble due to some wifi configuration issues with my router (nothing to do with ACT). Finally, got my wifi setup correctly and connected my 3 musketeers (Phablet, Laptop & Smart TV). The moment I signed in to the ACT broadband portal, I noticed updates, emails, messages pouring in my phablet like crazy. I decided to do a little test run on my smart tv. Opened youtube and started playing a 3D/HD video, which normally would take a lot of bufferring in my 3G connection. The video started playing allmost instantly and the bufferring was allways 2 to 3 mins ahead of the video. Impressed I opened my laptop and gave 6 movies to be downloaded. Within 35 mins, all of them completed (3 of them were of 2GB size each). Then I ran a speed test on my mobile, which gave me an average speed of 16999 KBps with a Bangalore based server.
So far so good, will do more intense testing over the weekend.
Here is the detailed speedtest result:
Test 1:
[SIZE=medium][font="'times new roman';"]Test Date: Nov 6, 2013 4:26:08 pm
Connection Type: Wifi
Server: New Delhi
Download: 14245 kbps
Upload: 15003 kbps
Ping: 63 ms
External IP: 106.51.44.47
Internal IP: 192.168.0.51
Latitude: 12.98330
Longitude: 77.58330
A detailed image for this result can be found here:[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][font="'times new roman'"][font="'times new roman';"]https://www.speedtest.net/android/640852404.png[/font][/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][font="'times new roman'"]Test 2:[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][font="'times new roman'"]Test Date: Nov 6, 2013 6:17:43 pm
Connection Type: Wifi
Server: Bangalore
Download: 16999 kbps
Upload: 12483 kbps
Ping: 6 ms
External IP: 106.51.44.47
Internal IP: 192.168.0.51
Latitude: 12.99152
Longitude: 77.66380
A detailed image for this result can be found here:
[font="'times new roman'"]https://www.speedtest.net/android/640927568.png[/font]
[/font][/SIZE]

Later homies
can i have contact details want a connection in gurgaon

ACT Broadband is not available in Gurgaon.

Back