Act broadband has dumb policies

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,733
Finally disconnection done.

Called them today talked very politely, told him explicitly to process disconnection I don't want to discuss anything and definitely not start yelling but again the asshole disconnected the call. The audacity of these guys.

They keep disconnecting the call if you ask for disconnection. It happened multiplied times, more than anything else this makes me really pissed off.

Called again had to use few expletives, apologized then again the cs started making excuses and telling to wait few more days.
Had to start yelling again then he immediately processed the disconnection. So they wasted 4-5 extra days.

These people are shameless the moment you talk politely they will make excuses to delay.

I will forget about any refund, just not worth talking with these people. And the amount is not much.

Guide for disconnecting your ACT broadband.

1. Register disconnection request their app chat bot. Its easy. You will get a ticket no and confirmation on email with 48hrs ETR.

2. You will start getting calls from their retention department. Don't answer their calls. Or tell them you want it disconnected asap without any explanation or reason. (You are paying you have the right. Anyway they are useless and just waste your time, whatever you say is ignored, their aim is to close ticket)

3. Call the helpline between 10:30 am to 6:00 pm (time is important) and ask to transfer to disconnection team, again you can deny to provide any reason or say shifting out of India or something. General support doesn't have authority ask for call transfer only.

4. Tell them not to disconnect the call, you don't want call back or any other BS. Things need to be done asap on the call. There is no technical issue or any random 48-72-24 hrs 7 days waiting time.

5. These people are shameless and don't respect politeness. You have to use your authoritative voice.

6. If someone makes excuses or disconnects your call. Keep calling back until someone agrees. Twitter, email doesn't work they will ignore that. Just for the record you can email their helpdesk and nodal office for immediate disconnection.

7. Very important don't wait for them to process the ticket, they will not do it. Their Nodal officer is also useless and doesn't respond on time.

8. Also from their app select all DND option. Don't know if that helps at all.

Last edited:
You gotta do this much for disconnection nowadays ? I got my act connection disconnected in 2022 by just calling cc. They disconnected my connection next day. Some guy came to my house and took out the jbox. This is horrendous. Nowadays they are more fearful of losing customers. As a matter of fact at the time i applied for disconnection, they even offered discount on my monthly bill and also offered extra gb. LOL

Update got email from nodal about refund too. It's in form of credits which can be adjusted in your balance. Non refundable . Some other day will try to transfer these credits to someone else using act.

Yeah they will give you one month discount and everything to let them close the ticket. Once ticket is closed next month it's your headache again.

All I wanted them to do was shift the connection to a different room. Because it was not installed where I wanted causing wifi issues. Even earlier for more than a year then didn't fixed the ups in their box.

Just do what customer tells you to in the first call and no need to waste everyones time.

Somehow they have generated a bill of 400rs which was supposed to be credited as refund credits. (Money is not refunded but only as credits which can be used for act bills)🙆

Back