• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,759
ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I recently received this

Can I assume that my address is feasible (because I got the pamphlet) and has anyone in Bangalore opted for the free 2 months + zero installation scheme?
If so, could you please tell me how the scheme works. A cursory search on Google for reviews of ACT has left me less than impressed and quite skeptical.
I want to try out the free 2 months they are offering and if I'm happy with their service continue with it or remove the connection.
Is this possible? Or is there some vesting period wherein I have to pay advance for a certain number of months?
If ACTian could reply himself it would be great.

Additionally, are the post FUP speeds as advertised? If someone could answer these queries, I would be really grateful and would post a full review with regular updates to this forum :)

^^ Yes this could mean that its feasilble in ur area. If u have any Local guys phone no there, call him, other wise u have too call ACT CC.

This could mean that they r aunching very soon... I mean they can take some 15-20 days to give u a connection

Yup, there's a number for the guy on the other side of the pamphlet. But today's a Sunday.And I wanted to ask here about what to expect from these people before getting too excited about finally making the jump from BSNL.

It all depends on u. NP u can call those no today its self, they will be most properly responding to ur request

those offer is only valid if you pay for 1 yr connection of plan 15mbps or above...why would they give 2 months free simply :P

arpith.fbi said:
those offer is only valid if you pay for 1 yr connection of plan 15mbps or above...why would they give 2 months free simply :tongue:
That was the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

but i have to say..speed is very good..havent fluctuated even once for me..their service is also good..always take the guys number who visits your place..only that guy will be handy and useful..Customer care is near useless when you face any problem

I'm also concerned about privacy. Who knows if they sell your downloading habits and other information to third parties. Maybe that's why they're that cheap.Then again I don't know which other ISP is safe.

BlackBane said:
I'm also concerned about privacy. Who knows if they sell your downloading habits and other information to third parties. Maybe that's why they're that cheap.Then again I don't know which other ISP is safe.
then use VPN as i use just to be safe..doesnt affect speed at all :)

Back