ACT Broadband not working

• Thread starter Thread starter sssagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,853
ISP
ACT
Dear ACT,
I've had ACT broadband connection in Indiranagar for the past 8 months now.Since the past 24 hours, my broadband hasn't been working and issue is unresolved till now. The complain id is 0001141783. This is the first major outage I've had which has stayed beyond 1 hour and is affecting my work badly as I need to rely on slow speed connections. I don't mind restarting my modem every 24 hours which I have been doing since the beginning to resolve the issue whenever I experienced lack of connectivity. But this time it has extended far too long. Request you to look into this urgently and resolve the issue.

Have you tried calling them on the helpline number? Just tell them its been down for a long time and that you have not been able to get through to them; they'll raise the urgency of the issue and if you're lucky someone will be sent immediately. Or it'll get resolved the next day.

Thanks for the suggestion mS8^Y4prh8. Now, is has been down for 60+ hours and no one from ACT has contacted me even once.
I have called them twice. They are still giving me the crap answer of it'll be attended within "24 working hours". I asked them how do I know when you will attend to it as you might come back and say that we worked for only 6 hours a day so, it will take 4 days or that we worked 4 hrs a day and it'll take 6 days. This is utterly unprofessional because who knows the problem might be too small but they do not seem to have the time/resources to attend. I need to surely get rid of them despite the fact that I did not face any major problem for the past 8 months. Based on the current scenario, I know that I can't rely on them ever after this. I need internet critically at home for business reasons and shudder to think who can afford to wait 3-4 days for them to just have a look.
Totally callous ACT. Would not recommend to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
sssagi said:
Thanks for the suggestion mS8^Y4prh8. Now, is has been down for 60+ hours and no one from ACT has contacted me even once.
I have called them twice. They are still giving me the crap answer of it'll be attended within "24 working hours". I asked them how do I know when you will attend to it as you might come back and say that we worked for only 6 hours a day so, it will take 4 days or that we worked 4 hrs a day and it'll take 6 days. This is utterly unprofessional because who knows the problem might be too small but they do not seem to have the time/resources to attend. I need to surely get rid of them despite the fact that I did not face any major problem for the past 8 months. Based on the current scenario, I know that I can't rely on them ever after this. I need internet critically at home for business reasons and shudder to think who can afford to wait 3-4 days for them to just have a look.
Totally callous ACT. Would not recommend to anyone.
Hello,We apologize for the issue you are facing. We will forward your request to the concerned department and we will make sure the issue gets resolved at the earliest. Kindly provide your customer details or registered contact no. So that our team can get in touch with you ASAP.Regards,ACT Broadband
Hello,We apologize for the issue you are facing. We will forward your request to the concerned department and we will make sure the issue gets resolved at the earliest. Kindly provide your customer details or registered contact no. So that our team can get in touch with you ASAP.Regards,ACT Broadband

Last edited by a moderator:
sssagi said:
Based on the current scenario, I know that I can't rely on them ever after this. I need internet critically at home for business reasons and shudder to think who can afford to wait 3-4 days for them to just have a look.
Yeah, I experienced the same thing within the 1st month of getting ACT where it was down for 2 weeks. That's the main reason I still have a BSNL line as backup as BSNL has never been down for me.

sssagi said:
Finally the problem is resolved after about 72 hours. Was due to some Fibre cuts.
Hello [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Sandeep Singh Sagi,[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.[/color]
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

Another disgusting day with ACT Broadband today. First they reduce speed to 512 kbps despite atleast 10 GB being left as part of my usage. Finally got fixed in 2-3 hours after repeated calls to helpdesk.
And now internet is again down since the past 4 hours and no resolution in sight. The most terrible part is their 24 working hour SLA which could yet again mean that I'll be without broadband for atleast 3 full days. This is the second lengthy outage since the first one for 3 days couple of months back. I am getting really sick of their services and definitely now going to change my ISP.

sssagi said:
Another disgusting day with ACT Broadband today. First they reduce speed to 512 kbps despite atleast 10 GB being left as part of my usage. Finally got fixed in 2-3 hours after repeated calls to helpdesk.
And now internet is again down since the past 4 hours and no resolution in sight. The most terrible part is their 24 working hour SLA which could yet again mean that I'll be without broadband for atleast 3 full days. This is the second lengthy outage since the first one for 3 days couple of months back. I am getting really sick of their services and definitely now going to change my ISP.
Hello,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We will look into the matter on priority and we will make sure that you don't have to face the same problem again. Our team will get in touch with you and we assure you that the problem will get resolved at the earliest.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Back