Add 0 Before Dialing Any Number (Airtel Landline/Broadband)? [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 18,317
Okay. I have mailed the 121 as I said and I received reply that Centrex is disabled.

Case: When your exchange is upgraded to VDSL, they make changes to the dialing codes which needs 0 before any number.

If you disable the centrex, it will be fine and no need to dial 0 before numbers anymore.

The Caller ID thing is directly related to it. Some cordless phones aren't working with this centrex caused problem so after disabling centrex, my cordless is again showing Caller IDs perfectly.

Best example of Airtel centrex is at Nehru Place where all shopkeepers dial each other via 4digit no instead of complete landline no.
This used to be case 4-5years back. Don't know current prevalence.
Well my imported cordless cid starting working after vdsl/vfiber upgrade.

You can complaint directly on 121 and ask that you are unable to call any local no (don't tell them that you are able to after dialing 0).
They'll ask you all sort stupid questions before even reg-ing a complaint. Then also a person(so called engineer) would visit and check setup after that only complaint would be forwarded to backend switch team. Basically lot of arguing but you need to be firm as airtel landline team(not BB) hardly agree that any problem exists in their calling switch.

One month back I has problem calling just one particular landline no.
It was a heck of irritation to even talk to these tech noobs who think themselves more knowledgeable than us.
They were adamant to even agree that problem exists blaming my phone instrument or other party instrument or they using blocking service.

By forwarding the complaint to airtel on twitter. Give low rating on any feedback call you receive.

@igloo Okay. Thank you. So basically Centrex is not required for VDSL Upgrade right?

Just to confirm it.

Hi. I am again facing the same problem with ADSL Connection

If you remember I had centrex disabled on my connection. But from today, I am again seeing this zero thing again.

Where, my VDSL Connection is working without dialing Zero.

(Yes, I have 1 ADSL and 1 VDSL connection).

@waterloo_sunset @igloo @manojrk

There is nothing much you can do on your side unfortunately. You have to raise a service request and let Airtel take care of the issue.

Back