Additional Security For Broadband Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter baudhayan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,586
What if someone manages to get the port number??EASIEST WAY WOULD BE CLIP ..... Untill then all security sucks!

U've got it wrong mr. wolverine port is something which sits on the DSLAM. Even if u know the port number to which somebody else's line is connected u can do nothing with it coz his line is bound to it and it will be accessible only with his username which in MTNL's case is the telephone no. so it is a kind of caller-id

QUOTE(muttster` @ Jul 15 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]55796[/snapback]
GH is dead.atleast in mumbai :angry:
[/b]

Atleast in Mumbai, where else did we have GH?

We never had GH in delhi, wat gavnit mentioned abt last day of month was insignificant and for most, infact almost all users of delhi there was practically no GH, ever.

Got it now thanks man,Ok finally mtnl decided to empty the Rocks in there Brains!Implementation will take time, WE know the speed of this sarkari mamu's ....They could have Prevented my 15000 Bill the very first month of my ADSL bill :P lolsAnyway i won the case and paid R.s 590 :o

My Phone just shifted from Lower Parel to Kandivali & Port Binding was the first thing I noticed. Believe me it is working atleast in my Exchange :unsure: ....not yet rolled out totally in Mumbai.

lol this has been standard in australia for aaages now. I don't see what the disadvantage is, other than if in the rare occurance that your port malfunctions. In the 8 years of broadband, i've had no such problems.

Moreover...if u want 2 use any of ur relatives accnt who is out of town...it wont be possible :(

i use to share my Account with my friend.......He use to pay me half of the rent. Now i guess that won't be possible as i am unable to use account expect of mine.... :o

Back