Aditya Thackeray demands no SMS limit

With the 100/day limit, I used to run out occassionally

With 200/day, some of my friends do run out once every 2-3 days. Bypassed by the use of dual SIM phones though

The main thing is that this is not a technical limit, rather its an artifically imposed limit.

Like say, if there is a regulation that noone can download more than 1GB/day on a broadband connection to combat piracy (just a random example)

If I'm not mistaken, for postpaid subscribers, the limit is simply 6000 per month and not strictly limited to 200 per day, right?

That being as it is, there are effectively 2 ways someone can get around the 200/day limit:
1. Be on postpaid.
2. Get the requisite license to send bulk SMSes... or option 2b is to hire a firm that has such a license.

Aditya Thackeray is more than capable of doing either of these things, and so there's no reason he shouldn't be informed as such by the court.

Postpaid subscribers have more liability attached to them than prepaid subscribers because they have regular contact with the phone company in the form of a billing address where bills are sent every month and usually paid - and if someone complains about spam SMSes coming from a number that turns out to be postpaid, it is theoretically much easier for the phone company to take some form of action.

Whereas, with prepaid subscribers it's pretty much the once-only verification (and even this gets abused by unscrupulous dealers) and with this introduction the number of SMS spam reaching my inbox these days is next to nil.

The comparison to the Internet access (in India, at least) is therefore not entirely accurate because you're comparing a medium with only 1 restriction to a medium with 2 - think: For an accurate comparison, you'd have your 6000 SMSes a month but they would only send 1 message every 8 minutes.

With 200/day, some of my friends do run out once every 2-3 days. Bypassed by the use of dual SIM phones though
but this does mean two times the cost right?

I mean message offer for both the sims :\

but this does mean two times the cost right?

I mean message offer for both the sims :\

Yeah, but I pay Rs 6/month for all SMS @ 1p/msg

And there are cheaper plans available as well

So, its still significantly cheaper than calling (and you can carry on 3-4 conversations at a time)

----------

If I'm not mistaken, for postpaid subscribers, the limit is simply 6000 per month and not strictly limited to 200 per day, right?
Correct
That being as it is, there are effectively 2 ways someone can get around the 200/day limit:
1. Be on postpaid.
2. Get the requisite license to send bulk SMSes... or option 2b is to hire a firm that has such a license.
Both cases raise the cost a lot
Plus students cannot really get a postpaid connection in hostels with the amount of paperwork involved
Aditya Thackeray is more than capable of doing either of these things, and so there's no reason he shouldn't be informed as such by the court.

Postpaid subscribers have more liability attached to them than prepaid subscribers because they have regular contact with the phone company in the form of a billing address where bills are sent every month and usually paid - and if someone complains about spam SMSes coming from a number that turns out to be postpaid, it is theoretically much easier for the phone company to take some form of action.

Whereas, with prepaid subscribers it's pretty much the once-only verification (and even this gets abused by unscrupulous dealers) and with this introduction the number of SMS spam reaching my inbox these days is next to nil.

The comparison to the Internet access (in India, at least) is therefore not entirely accurate because you're comparing a medium with only 1 restriction to a medium with 2 - think: For an accurate comparison, you'd have your 6000 SMSes a month but they would only send 1 message every 8 minutes.
Was comparing to prepaid. Didnt get the point about 2 restrictions though (were you referring to broadband bandwidth by any chance?)

Back