ADSL Activation

• Thread starter Thread starter caterpillar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,416
Finally, I got the ADSL activated!!!

Went to the same Borivli Exchange (near the station) this morning and they were adamant that the line is active at the exchange and I should go to the Area Office.

Went to the Area Office. The guy said its a fault at the Exchange. Told him I've just come from the Exchange and was sent here. Also mentioned that the router was tested at the exchange yesterday and it worked. I told him that if is not sorted out I'll cancel Triband and also cancel the MTNL landline. I get better service from other operators.

This guy then sent a fax to the exchange and also spoke to the person he had earlier asked me to meet.

He then called up my house... my cousin was at home. Asked my cousin to switch on the router and check the ADSL led. The light finally came on.

Like jitu_appu said in his post, there was a problem with the "jumpering" at the Exchange.

Nothing wrong with the router or the connections at home.

When I got home I tested the speed at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
The download speeds were initialy at 28KBps then went up to 52 then back to 30 on different tests at different times. The speed test at the MTNL website was odd. It showed 15KBps. Then I downloaded some stuff from sourceforge.net using Download Accelerator and I got speeds upto 60KBps.
So maybe the router does sync u at lower speeds first - as tband said. I'd like to know more on that... would it sync at a lower speed each time the router is booted?

Thanks everybody :D

caterpillar, i asked you regarding the D-Link wifi router. Where did you get it from and how much did it cost you?

Back