ADSL link down

• Thread starter Thread starter Ishu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 9,909

Ishu

ISP
MTNL 749NU
im using a UTstarcom modem and recently my net is not working..... the reason is that the adsl light keeps on going on and off.the customer care guys are not helpful as they say...aapki complaint URGENT me daal di hai, 24 hours me kuch na kuch hoga. and wat happens is that i get a call saying aapka phone to chal rha hai na and then they cut the phone.im thinking of switching to airtel coz when it comes to customer care mtnl sucks balls :wall:can anyone tell me how to solve this problem or anyone else i can contactyour help will be much appreciated.

The problem maybe because of your telephone line!Get the line man to check your telephone line tomorrow. post your adsl status (SNR margin etc) here!

same here ADSL Light keeps on going on and off frequently :( phone line near AC stablizer any problem

make sure that your telephone line is connected directly from the telphone pole to the adsl splitter.. there should be no telephones in between..connect all your telephones after the splitter.. As a test.disconnect all phones at home temporarily and try connecting to the internet. if it doesnt disconnect then its definetly a problem with your telephone setup

The problem maybe because of your telephone line!
Get the line man to check your telephone line tomorrow.
post your adsl status (SNR margin etc) here!

i went to the telephone exchange but the line man doesnt show up or do anything
here is my snr margin
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7963/snrkz2.jpg

your line stats seem to be fine, anyways call the local lineman and get the line checked...usually this happens when there is some problem wid the line especially nowadays when its raining heavily in Delhi.

guess whati just used my friends modem which is dlink502t and my net seems to be working fineso i guess it was the modem who was faultyso can u guys tell me the procedure to replace the modem

^ is it rented from MTNL? if yes, then call them or go to the exchange and tell them that modem is faulty and is not connecting. when used with a different router, connection is stable. they might check the router and will replace it.

Back