• Thread starter Thread starter scott274
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,733

scott274

BBF Noob
ISP
MTNL Triband
My 4 year old 80GB samsung harddisk was slowly going bad. After asking a lot on the net I have almost decided on buying a Seagate IDE harddisk. Went to my nearest departmental stores PC shop and they told me a Seagate IDE 250GB Harddisk will come for Rs.3100/- and Seagate IDE 160GB will come for Rs.2575/- both with 3 years warrenty. Can somebody confirm these current rates and warrenty period.I live in mumbai by the way. Any more advise on this topic will be certainly appreciated as I am new to buying hard drive :)

Over my place 80GB is getting for Rs.2100 any samsung or seagate.I suggest you better go for 200GB now, It might cost nearly Rs.3000-Rs.3500.

well i don't know from where you guys are getting some exorbitant prices, my friend just bought a 500 gb hdd for 3k, so guys please cross check the prices with other shops before making the purchase :cool2:

go for SATA instead of ide!so, that means u may have to upgrade ur pc

go for SATA instead of ide!
so, that means u may have to upgrade ur pc

PC upgrade isn't an option for me right now. Since my old 80GB samsung one has started giving me problems, I was hoping to buy a new IDE drive in price range of about Rs.2000

Anybody here can find out what are todays rates of IDE drives. If any mumbai guys have the knowledge which shop? That dadar departmental stores here seems to be quoting too high prices.

sata 250 gb hdd is for rs2100 and 500 gb for rs 3800160gb for rs 1700 and 80gb for rs 1200

^^ go to lamington rd. & hunt in a couple of shops.i'm sure you'll save at least 300-400 rs. if not morealso, if possible drag with your old hard disk for sometime & when you've got enough cash, you may opt for changing your entire system (i mean the processor+motherboard+RAM+harddisk+cabinet..... other stuff like monitor, cd/dvd writer & all that can be retained)i know changing these parts are very expensive but just an option...if you want to anyway but the IDE hard disk, then bargain a lotthese shop owners buy these IDE hard-disks at a very cheap rate, saying that new sata hard disks are available at a very cheap rate & then they black market it by saying thats it nowhere available & the cost is very high now...

yup! i agree wid rachit, you need to bargain a lot to get a really good deal!u may feel like that the price is justified but this isn't the case!

Back