• Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,412

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So mom wants to buy one. Flipkart has 5-6 models out of which one particular Philips model appear to be exceedingly popular considering the number of reviews for it. Saw a bunch of videos of food cooking in it on YouTube. Looks interesting.

Questions... If anyone owns such a product...

1. Worth the price?
2. Should I buy it?
3. What all can be cooked in it?
4. Taste of food compared to deep fryed?
5. Anything else I should know?

@chromaniac, if you bought this can you share details of the model and reviews?

Upvote 0
Questions... If anyone owns such a product...

1. Worth the price?
2. Should I buy it?
3. What all can be cooked in it?
4. Taste of food compared to deep fryed?
5. Anything else I should know?

1. If you love fried potato fingers or other such stuff, then the airfryer is for you, cooks fantastic with much less oil. I now love the taste of french fries from the airfryer than deep fried.

2. Absolutely go for it.

3. We cook all the deep fried fast food items, like french fries, wedges, etc. We just buy a frozen pack from a super market and use it with the airfryer. They also say that you can bake in it, once wife baked muffins in it and turned out to be pretty good. For small quantities you can use the airfryer to bake, for rest just use the oven.

4. Taste wise, I love the airfryer more than deep fried.

5. I bought one from olx, it was new (kind of) and costed me 7k, Philips model. The guy who sold me said the reason was that he just bought it and he was moving out of town, he also gave me 3 mths old flipkart invoice. I powered it just for a sec at his place to see if the unit was working. When I came home, I was horrified to find that once opened the tray would not go back. On close looking I found that the heat grill was hanging loose and their was sticky plastic grease all over the inside. It took me an hour to clean it & fix it. I think the guy switched it on with the packing material still inside to test, and later when smoked billowed from the vents he realized the mistake. He maybe tried to clean it which is why the heating element came loose and he never knew how to fix it back. Lucky for me, nothing was broken and was fixed easily.

Upvote 0
Right. We now have the Havells unit and it's pretty cool. Mom has fried moongfali in it which was pretty nice. I have also fried the frozen potato nuggets. Worked well. I am still getting used to the oil less taste but it does not differ much so looks like a good investment if you end up eating a lot of fried food on a regular basis at home.

Upvote 0
did not figure it was pretty old post. :giggle:

I guess this goes with every air fryer owner, don't start to over indulge thinking it is all fat free, remember it is 80% fat less, not free.

Upvote 0
Sister in Law ordered it during Flipkart Big Billion Day Sale. I personally think she should have gone for the Philips model but I guess that's not that big of a deal.

Upvote 0
if it is healthy then it can't be tasty. :)

it has to taste awful for it to be healthy.i think these air fryers would disappear from the market pretty soon.

Upvote 0
was very tempted to buy this under 6k would have been still a better deal over all. still expensive for me :\ saw bunch of reviews on Philips one that tray got really sticky after one month :]

have a Morphy Richards oven apparently made in china, bought it last year, it gave up in 2 months or so, meaning all the cheap coating inside the oven and on the baking tray came off and it currently looks like a 5 year old + oven :\

Upvote 0

Back