• Thread starter Thread starter hitech0101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,616

hitech0101

I got banned!
ISP
YOU
I am buying a new air fryer (vegetarian use) , i have decided to go for kenstar air fryer

Two good deals i have found

Kenstar 3 L Oxy Fryer

Kenstar Oxy Fryer

Looking for suggestions and alternatives if anyone has had experience with these as i have never used one before. Visited a local shop he only had Philips and said to me capacity was 2.2L and there was no 3L model available whereas there are 3L models of different brands available online.

hehe. @Nishant order from shopclues frequently i believe. he might have a better response to your query. i do not think i have ordered anything from shopclues ever since the olay incident.

Not anymore. Haven't ordered from Shopclues since months now.

Upvote 0
The fryer was delivered yesterday, the experience was mixed. There were no hassles with ordering and delivery. The product had minor issues. It had few scraps of food left in the pan, had to wash it probably leftover after the quality check. Also noticed the center part of the pan had a tiny patch which was scratched out. Seems like a design flaw.

Used it for cooking multiple times yesterday and today . Made french fries today and liked the taste. Could not taste any oil, which i always like. I thought 3L capacity may have been slightly smaller but it is more than sufficient.
Maybe 2.2L models could have also done the trick but given a choice will pick 3L as it is not big nor small. The device is not eating a lot of space in the kitchen but for now will be sharing power socket with the oven which means i can use only one at a time. Very easy to use I have not read the manual but dad has and i operated it once and is even more simple to use than the microwave oven.

Kenstar does not have provision to register the product neither is there any demo available from them showing how to use. The product has been assembled by Videocon at their Auranagabad facility. Customer service number is mentioned in the product backside and the warranty card is inside the manual as a page on it. Phillips offer 4 years warranty but the cost is nearly 60℅ more. Kenstar offers 1 year warranty.

This was the first time ordering from shopclues and except for the two issues i mentioned earlier it was good. Since i have not used the replacement or refund service from them can't comment on that. I have used replacement on Flipkart for a LED tv and still will prefer to use them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The scraps of food were quite fresh there was no rotten smell. I inspected the product for scratches did not find any. Manufacturing date was March 16. I did think of asking for a replacement for the same issue but decided to continue using the product. I have reported the issue to shopclues will see how they respond.

Upvote 0
After filing a query with shopclues they have asked me to return the product i have initiated the return request asking for replacement. Will see how it goes, family is not happy they actually want to keep the product but i have convinced them for a replacement. Thanks @dantool and @dextermorgan

Upvote 0
Once a crook, always a crook. I've personally not been using shopclues for a few months, will not be using it anytime soon going by your experience.

Upvote 0

Back