Airtel BB in a residential society

you cannot park your car in someone else's parking in a society. you cannot install your own generator. in some societies you cannot get any construction work done during 2-4pm because of disturbance to your neighbors and so on. you lose a lot of rights when you move to a society. though i guess, this kind of deal can probably be challenged in courts and possibly overridden.
Ofcourse you cannot park at someone elses parking.Thats encroaching and breaking law.

Use of personal generator and construction may disturb someone as noise is produced.

But what connection i use is my problem.It cannot be dictated by anyone.Also the laws are different for cooperative socities who have more protection for their bye laws and socities formed by residents in builder built complex.

Well in our case, airtel wasn't ready to set up an exchange until more people moved in. Bsnl laid ofc till the society and set up a 2000 line exchange. So, there's that.

Ofcourse you cannot park at someone elses parking.Thats encroaching and breaking law.

Use of personal generator and construction may disturb someone as noise is produced.
this applies to a residential area as well where people own the land and have their house on it. but people get away with a lot more shit than they can in a society. i know because i am dealing with similar nonsense for the past two months here. people installing their own security gates without following the proper rules established by the local authority.
anyways. the society has to provide space for the wiring, equipment, power and protection from mmm sabotage. if the society is not ready to provide this because of lack of resources or will. i am not sure what options you would have because you do not really own the space outside your flat/parking :\
airtel probably pays a monthly fee to my rwa for their equipment in my sector along with reliance (probably not bsnl). airtel is known to pay bribes to rwa members or the local cable guy to prevent sabotage of their equipment as well.
without the support from the society, there is very little you or airtel can do in the end.

I'm guessing airtel also pays the same guy to sabotage Reliance? [emoji14]

Here, airtel did their own wiring. BSNL wired their own FTTH. Bsnl copper was wired by the builder.

@Ras Al Ghul

That said, exclusive contracts aren't uncommon. Our neighboring society suffered at the hands of TATA for a couple of years [emoji14]

this applies to a residential area as well where people own the land and have their house on it. but people get away with a lot more shit than they can in a society. i know because i am dealing with similar nonsense for the past two months here. people installing their own security gates without following the proper rules established by the local authority.
anyways. the society has to provide space for the wiring, equipment, power and protection from mmm sabotage. if the society is not ready to provide this because of lack of resources or will. i am not sure what options you would have because you do not really own the space outside your flat/parking :\
airtel probably pays a monthly fee to my rwa for their equipment in my sector along with reliance (probably not bsnl). airtel is known to pay bribes to rwa members or the local cable guy to prevent sabotage of their equipment as well.
without the support from the society, there is very little you or airtel can do in the end.

There is lot of leeway when you are not in cooperative society.Because you didnt sign anything to abide by XYZ rules.When a society is formed afterwards people can refuse to obey certain rules and challenge them.

The airtel equipment in my case is installed outside my society gate and a wire comes into my apartment.Reliance OTOH has equipment installed in my building.

my reliance sabotage is restricted to their server hosted in the bhartiya mahila bank branch in sector 31 market. all the problems happens at the gateway. reliance guys never come to my place to fix a problem. the only visit was when they arrived like a month after i applied for connection migration to another room of the house.

I'm guessing airtel also pays the same guy to sabotage Reliance? [emoji14]

Here, airtel did their own wiring. BSNL wired their own FTTH. Bsnl copper was wired by the builder.

@Ras Al Ghul

That said, exclusive contracts aren't uncommon. Our neighboring society suffered at the hands of TATA for a couple of years [emoji14]
Again you can refuse to abide by such contracts and take another connection if someone is willing.

You have Reliance equipment installed inside? :O

Any reason for not using them?

That's the thing. The ISP's not gonna fight for you, and might even flat out refuse to do up the wiring, even if you're able to get them in.

Back