Airtel beetel 440TXi wi-fi modem- NAT problem..plzz help!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ashvin82
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 14,148

ashvin82

ISP
Airtel
Dear All,

I have taken up 1MBPS unlimited plan last week. Well the download speed is quite satisfactory with arrnd 935 to 1000 kbps and file download is fast too. however the problem is with torrent speeds. Whenever i try to download any file through azereus or utorrent the speed doesnt go beyond 30kbps!!!!...(NAT/firwall problem it shows always) I even tried with changing the modem/router settings as per the instructions given on www.porforward.com.

I m using beetel 440TXi wifi modem and tried port forwarding step (however do not know wether it was done in right way or not) but still no success:(...please help!!!

Thanks
Ashvini

Do you use Wanminiport dialer to connect ? Meaning You enter your name and password to connect ? Then no need for PF usually.
If you have entered your User ID/Pw in the modem/router then access Advanced options by typing in IE 192.168.1.1/main.html check Virtual servers/applications etc.
Post the screen shot of the page you have doubt.
Para two :Main Page - India Broadband Wiki
Check instructions for Beetel 220BX PF should be similar. searching!!

For ref :http://i4.tinypic.com/5y2f8ds.jpg
Omniscience: Port Forwarding in Airtel Modem Beetel 200BX

Hi!!, thanx for the reply!..no i dont use miniport dialer, it is always on connection. I followed instructions to get a static IP before going for port forwarding but still the port declared in modem advanced options under portforwarding seems to closed as shown by utorrent etc. However right now m in office so will check about the virtual server option once i reach home today and will let you with the screenshot of the same! Thanks & regardsAshvini

Hi:-), thanx a lot for this informative link!! the tutorial is quite helpful. I'll try it today!! ThanxAshvini

/members/itzmynet/
Good Show. Nice link given. Thanks. added reps.
Now for those who have switched from the 220bx, you will have to forward the ports on your 440tx once again. The address 192.168.1.1/main.html does not hold good here. Instead use this http://192.168.1.1/html/index1.html.

Hi All, Finally i succeeded in port forwarding on my connection and now getting green smileys in azeurus!!:-)...thanx for the informative links and guidence!! RegardsAshvini

Hi all, Thank you for the info about port forwarding in Beetel 440 TXI. I finally have the green tick on utorrent which was orange for months.Cheers and keep posting updates!

allThis router runs embedded linux and uses iptables for portforwarding.you could telnet to router, it will give you a (cli)> prompt then type "shell" to get a shellyou could type the following commands to enble port forwarding.iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 60694 -j DNAT --to-destination :60694iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p udp --dport 60694 -j DNAT --to-destination :60694iptables -I FORWARD 2 -p tcp --dport 60694 -d -j ACCEPTiptables -I FORWARD 3 -p udp --dport 60694 -d -j ACCEPTthis will forward tcp and udp port no 60694. repeat the same changing the port no to forward other ports.this is a bit technical, it works if airtel is too reluctant to give you the password.

Back