• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,818

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
I am on Home 699 plus unlimited plan.

I have been trying to search and download files using Shareaza p2p with little success.

Whne I start the app I am given this message.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2060/screenshot0018vj.gif

what do i do?

do i switch applications?

Iss this low download due to the p2p or something else?

have u used shareaza?

What crapware/spyware free p2p would you recommend for a newcomer to p2p like me?

Dump everything. Go for Limewire. Its the best P2P software runnin currently. It also doesnt have any firewall issues. After you have loaded the free version of Limewire search under"Whats new". In that you will find Limewire Pro too. Download it...uninstall the free one and install Pro. Enjoy.

thank u for ur time.

what's your take on this utorrent client?

Will u be kind enough to expalin why limewire is the best p2p around?

I am concerned about spyware hence the concern. :)

I used to get that message too when I used Shareaza - but it would go away 2 seconds later... never obstructed my downloads.these days I use utorrent because of the inds of files I am trying to download. I get more results and faster speeds than conventional p2p, so I'm happy.

u have to just configure the NAT in the modems page..then there wont be any problems....there are a ton of such topics here..just browse :D

search for "port forwarding"

Well this is the thing...since u asked p2p in particular i gave u the suggestion of Limewire. Its a spyware free software and absolutely free and u dont have to forward any ports either. Just load...download and expload.Utorrent on the other hand is completely different. It uses UDP, TCP protocol. You need to forward ports for it. Basically the difference between Limewire and UTorrent is that heavy files like DVDz and Xvid movies and many heavy and large data softwares are only available in torrent formats which are seeded worldwide by the uploader, seeder( done downloading ) and peers ( still downloading) . Its a vast concept. Just if u need only songs and small stuff Limewire is ur buddy...some occasional movies can also be made available. But if u need heavy stuff u gotta do some heavy settings and learnin of torrents. Just make up ur mind on which path u wanna tread and then i can guide u futher.

QUOTE(LoneCrusader @ Jun 27 2006, 01:13 AM) [snapback]54609[/snapback]
Just if u need only songs and small stuff Limewire is ur buddy...some occasional movies can also be made available. But if u need heavy stuff u gotta do some heavy settings and learnin of torrents. Just make up ur mind on which path u wanna tread and then i can guide u futher. [/b]

I wanted to download big files like episodes of TV shows.

The problem is it seems to be downlaoding too slow.

I was downlaoding using utorrent's latest beta version.

It was downlaoding at a measley rate of 2kb/s where as it was uploading at a speed of 8 kb/s!!

I don't know what am i doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated my friend. :rolleyes:

QUOTE(d00by @ Jun 27 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]54621[/snapback]
I wanted to download big files like episodes of TV shows.

The problem is it seems to be downlaoding too slow.
[/b]
Did you try your local bootleg market ?

I went to one yesterday, 24 (all 4 sesaons), Rome etc on DVDs for the taking.

You might be surprised what you would find.

I went to palika bazar in c. delhi.they have 24.But they do not have my favorites like veronica mars, gilmore girls.lost season 2 is also not available.My point is p2p download really so slow or am i doing something wrong here?i just downlaoded a 125 mb nero file in 1 hour!why cant i do tat using p2p?

Back