Airtel Blocking VoIP Services?

• Thread starter Thread starter BSNL_Airtel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 56,323

BSNL_Airtel

ISP
AIRTEL DSL 512kbps
Hi!I have been using using a VOIP ATA with gizmo project for the past 1 year without any problems. All of a sudden, for the past 3 days, there is no dial tone on my phone which is plugged into the VOIP ATA. Also, the VOIP (or Voice) Light on the ATA is no longer lit up. Could you please help me figure out the problem? My VOIP ATA model is AC211-SR.My internet connection seems to be working fine, as my LAN output from the VOIP ATA is connected to my PC and I can browse without problem. It is only my VOIP ATA which refuses to register with Gizmo Project (sipphone.com)

ask them if they are resting voip packets.if they do write to TRAI,call themalso if you have vuze p2p software get the network status moniter plugin and run the program(dont dl torrents) and then open your voip.if packets rst then you have proof and call them.

im also having issues in airtel of late.. As soon as i start listening to online fm it disconnects from internet .. Very irritating it has become..

Airtel not give any responce on your VOIP instuments.Airtel Not blockiing P2P. If you use Static IP then may it possible. No CC or Nodal Handle you Complain or Request.:thumb: btw VOIP is ILLEGAL in INDIA.

@bsnl_airtelaccessAC211_SR with ~~u*9 as a passwordVOIP working fine with Airtel here.

Airtel not give any responce on your VOIP instuments.
Airtel Not blockiing P2P. If you use Static IP then may it possible.

No CC or Nodal Handle you Complain or Request.:thumb:

btw VOIP is ILLEGAL in INDIA.

Do you have a link that would confirm this. After much research, I understand that if your voip is not used for commercial purposes, you are fine.

To get back to my query,
@bsnl_airtel
access
AC211_SR with ~~u*9 as a password
VOIP working fine with Airtel here.
Once I get there, which tab or page am I supposed to see? Because, I changed nothing in the AC211_SR and it was working fine all these days until last week.

btw VOIP is ILLEGAL in INDIADo you have a link that would confirm this. After much research, I understand that if your voip is not used for commercial purposes, you are fine.

^ VOIP is not illegal in India and Airtel is not blocking any voip ports..it is possible to that due to the undersea cable fault there could have been some connectivity issues with sipphone..situtation should sort itself out in a day or two

^ VOIP is not illegal in India and Airtel is not blocking any voip ports..it is possible to that due to the undersea cable fault there could have been some connectivity issues with sipphone..situtation should sort itself out in a day or two
Cyberwiz, thanks for the clarification. I noticed that the other user who replied to me (essbebe) mentioned that his SIP ATA was working fine.

Is it that only a section of the Airtel broadband users would be affected by the undersea cable fault? Just trying to understand.

Regardless, I will follow your lead and wait for a few days for things to get resolved.

At the sipphone web site , it is mentioned if acct is
blocked for suspicious activities etc
you have to apply for restoration.
http://tinyurl.com/95oun5

Check all details at the web site .
Google search "sipphone "
.............. (airtel)...............192.168.1.1..........192.168.15.1
My set up Phone line ==>>beetel110Bx1==> vonage unit===>> phone ( My U.S number)..............................................................192.168.2.1
...........................................vonage unit ===Rj45 to wifi router ===> laptop etc .

REF :
http://download.gizmo5.com/GizmoDownload/WinGizmoInstall.exe

At the sipphone web site , it is mentioned if acct is
blocked for suspicious activities etc
you have to apply for restoration.
Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Home

Check all details at the web site .
Google search \"sipphone \"
.............. (airtel)...............192.168.1.1..........192.168.15.1
My set up Phone line ==>>beetel110Bx1==> vonage unit===>> phone ( My U.S number)..............................................................192.168.2.1
...........................................vonage unit ===Rj45 to wifi router ===> laptop etc .

REF :
http://download.gizmo5.com/GizmoDownload/WinGizmoInstall.exe

Thanks for the link to locked account. However, I know that my account is not locked, because I am able to connect to Gizmoproject using the soft phone (WinGizmoinstall.exe) without any problem.

Also, my set-up is similar, beetel ->ac211-sr->1 pc via lan/rj-45. I am now wondering if the undersea cable is the reason for the temporarily failure to register.

Back