Airtel Broadband 100mbps unlimited data plan for Rs. 799

• Thread starter Thread starter nsguiza
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,004
I had been on Airtel DSL for quite some time now and was eagerly waiting for their FTTH though I am quite satisfied with ACT as primary connection. Some days back while going out of home in the morning, I saw Airtel marked OFC lying in the lanes of my area. When I returned home in the afternoon, there were two people working with the wires like tying to poles and installing boxes. I asked them how much time it will take to finally upgrade or give new connections and they told like some one month, which again gave me a setback. These people were contractor's people anyway and not related to Airtel. I then called one technician from Airtel who frequently visits my home when some issues arise and he says once the contractor work is done, we have to just connect to "main line" and he gives like one week to 10 days. He said that I will get a call for upgrade well in advance because they will be uprooting and dismantling the entire DSL setup in my area.

So patience pays in after a long wait and now I will have two robust FTTH connections. I will post installation details like router and speeds post installation later here.

Last edited:
I think 799 Base Plan with 299 Unlimited Plan makes it hell of a plan.

Given that the speeds are symmetrical and routing is best that Airtel offers.

@treatyoself 799 Plan has some specific FUP (region wise), only 1Gbps Plan is Unlimited.

treatyoself you will get same , 110 mbps Up/Down Speed and Ahmedabad has Unlimited plan 100 mbps in 799 rs. that's how i'm getting 3TB/m .

Pros :
Zero downtime, no packet loss, awesome routing for india, asian region.

Cons:
Very bad Routing for Germany, UK or any European Countries.

Back