Airtel Broadband: airtel landline topup

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 4,587
W

warthog

49rs monthly charge5 local airtel calls @ 25p per pulse1 isd US call @ 1.99 per pulsencr region

Landline Top-ups i suppose are not available for everyone and on every connection.Here goes my story.I was on airtel 649 plan.Since my broadband usage was very limited and this was the cheapest plan available with decent speed, I had opted for it(despite asking the Airtel CC for any Rs.300-400 range plan). Also I had heard of Airtel LL-Mobile topups of 99 wherein we can make free local call to Airtel mobiles(2 in nos.) at just Rs. 99/Month. This was also not available on my 649 connection.Then, I got a broadband connection from my office and hence thought of getting this Airtel line disconnected. I applied for disconnection of this line. Then I got a call from the Airtel Retention Office and they offered me the following:1. Rent 2492. Speed 256kbps - 200 MB3. Free Calls Worth 120I declined this offer. Then they offered me a 20% discount on the rent (new rent being 200) for next 6 months. Then i asked if i can get a airtel LL to mobile topup as we have to frequently call a home number. They were happy to offer me unlimited calls to one Airtel mobile number at Rs. 49/month. Also they said that if reqd. i can opt for 2 free nos. at 75/month.So basically this is what I finally agreed at1. Rent 200 (after a 20% disc on 249).2. Free calls worth Rs 120.3. Free 200 MB (@ 256 kbps) - useless.4. Unlimited calls to one airtel number @ 49.Further, there is another Top-Up available @99 which makes the net usage unlimited from 10PM - 6AM.

Back