Airtel Broadband: Anyone has clue how far a connection can work ?

• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,412
member/s-ricky/
seems 100 meters is the limit recommended..

1. CAT5 Cable - Category 5 Ethernet Cables - CAT5 and CAT5e
CAT5 cable contains four pairs of copper wire. It supports Fast Ethernet speeds (up to 100 Mbps). As with all other types of twisted pair EIA/TIA cabling, CAT5 cable runs are limited to a maximum recommended run length of 100m (328 feet).

Modem router combo VS separate router and modem Geek Speak
Now, I don�t know how far it is that you want to make internet connections in your home. But at 100 meters, round this off to about 300 feet, Cat5 or Cat6 cable (what kind of cable you use to connect your router to your computer) the cable starts to get something called attenuation---suffice this to say your will data corruption, signal loss or what ever you need to grasp that you really don�t want to go beyond that length if you want to run cable. Yes, wireless is better fo..........................

1000 feet for video signals ?
http://www.etthk.com/231CableIntroduction.htm
The Category 5 cable also known as Cat5 carries four
pairs of wires allowing for more runs on a single cable
and being much lighter is easier to work with. While
distances beyond 500' becomes a video signal problem
for BNC, Cat5 can comfortably extend out to 1,000' and
with active video baluns that distance can be increased
to 10,000'. Much debate is made as to whether BNC or
Cat5 produces a better signal.

I know enough about cat5's but I am not even considering that option as I want to extend the airtel line to my house and keep router with me and have full control over it. I've talked to airtel (lineman) and he said he has no problem if I extend it over my own respnsibility.Let me rephrase my cquery for more precision. 1) Is it possible to run 2 router on 1 line ? (same account)2) Airtel uses OFC even to our houses? if so what it costs/meter and where I can find it?3) There is only 1 port available in nearby dp so is it possible to use 2 different acounts using 2 routers on 1 line.4) Do you think if there will be major loss if I extend the wire to 200 meteres from local dp.

Back