airtel broadband changes contention ratio to 1:17

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 19,913
i don't know about any other provider or city but in Mumbai they have it or had it.

You might be thinking about the download:upload ratio which is different. But the customers per megabit of bandwidth is never 1:1 anywhere ever for consumer broadband.

i am not talking out of my ass and those 1:8 contention ratios only applied to locked speed connections like 2mbps not talking about those Verizon and other upto 50mbps plans.

So cite a reference.

You might be thinking about the download:upload ratio which is different. But the customers per megabit of bandwidth is never 1:1 anywhere ever for consumer broadband.

i am not talking about download/upload.Airtel doesn't provide download = upload in mumbai,that why i have not taken them still now.

Airtel was for last year and to some part this year.

So cite a reference.

will get to you this tommorow.don't have time to search now.If i forget,remind me.

And whats contention ratio does BSNL provides../And how does the contention ratio effects Broadband connection technically, means Ping, Speeds etc.

And whats contention ratio does BSNL provides../

And how does the contention ratio effects Broadband connection technically, means Ping, Speeds etc.

In reality, contention ratio shouldn't affect the vast majority.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (item 31)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL Broadband Tariff (Max. Contention Ratio is 1:25))

@himanshu.. in simple terms..the lesser the contention ratio the better it is for the customer in all respects whether it be ping, over all speed etc..@solid_snake..u are getting confused between upload/download ratio and contention ratio..contention ratio for Airtel has never been and will never be 1:1

Back