Airtel Broadband in Central Kolkata.

• Thread starter Thread starter deba123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2,208
ISP
Airtel VDSL Broadband
Dear All,

I have a Airtel VDSL Broadband connection for Rs 1999/- plus GST. It never works properly but its a corporate connection. The connected speed should be 40 mbps but it decreases to 5 mbps quiet frequently. I have complained to Airtel several times but they do nothing but ask for the happy code and close the case.
Stay away from Airtel, the service quality has dropped like anything.It has become a Govt. concern.They are still on copper wire no FTTH service.

You can threaten with disconnection and see how they respond. If they don't improve their services then switch your ISP.
You're already overpaying them.

whoa yes. kolkata has alliance iirc? must have other players as well. if no other option is available, even bsnl should be better than this i believe.

I have asked for disconnection but no reply. Its pure rowdyism. There is hardly any other ISP in my area.Yes Airtel loot their customers like anything.

I have a Airtel VDSL Broadband connection for Rs 1999/- plus GST
No offence but you can get nearly 3 100 Mbps FTTH connections for that amount which can be used as backups to one another.

wait. if you do not have any other operator, why have you asked for disconnection?

whoa yes. kolkata has alliance iirc? must have other players as well. if no other option is available, even bsnl should be better than this i believe.

BSNL landline broadband is not available. They have disconnected all lines from our building and Alliance is not available.

wait. if you do not have any other operator, why have you asked for disconnection?

It was a threat but yes if I dont get the service at the very end I have no other option then disconnection......I am not going to pay them Rs 1999/- out of nothing.....

No offence but you can get nearly 3 100 Mbps FTTH connections for that amount which can be used as backups to one another.

In central Kolkata there is no FTTH service as far as I know and prices are quiet high compared to other states.Its a corporate connection.

@deba123 I have a suggestion for you if Vodafone 4G speeds are good at your location or else threaten to either disconnect if they don't resolve your issue or upgrade to FTTH.

Back