Airtel Broadband in Gurgaon Madness! :D

• Thread starter Thread starter adroit_raj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 33,413

adroit_raj

Hello Folks,

1. I have over 3+ years of experience with Airtel Broadband services (erstwhile Touchtel). I also have used other DSL and cable operators’ services in Delhi /NCR too.

2. Airtel is ok with speed. We in India have to be satisfied with poor quality of services, so this service is tolerable. Their speeds are about 30-60% of their claimed speed (depending on the traffic at that time of the day).

3. What’s most pathetic about Airtel Broadband services is - their tech support. It SUX big time. They have not been able to resolve a problem with their Ethernet modem at my premises for past 30 days. There is no method of online support / complaint. They dont even provide drivers (for USB modems etc) on their website.

The engineering staff (the guy who comes to your home to fix the problems) is AWEFUL. Most of the staff is clueless about how to fix even a small error.

4. Some amazing facts about Airtel DSL -

(a) I discovered last week that Airtel DSL runs a website - http://www.geocities.com/airteldsl/ (I am amazed to see a website of Bharti running on Geocities server!!!!!!!!!!). I dont know if Bharti takes responsibility of this site or not, but it looks to be owned by them. I havent tested the features here, but I am sure the Tech staff of Bharti can learn a lot from this site. :P

5. You can use Airtel Broadband, but don't expect the moon. The service is ok, slow and with very poor tech support. When its working, its ok, when it stops you have to wait till cows come home.

6. Oh, I forgot to share my problem with you guys (see how pissed I am) - I am not able to use many sites and can not send POP3 mail (can use webmail). I also can not use MSN messenger (can use yahoo messenger). Oh, I also can not submit this message on this website (to submit this message i had to switch to neighbor's wireless connection).

Cheers

Raj

just got this sms that Airtel Broadband here in Gurgaon would go down on sunday night may 25 from 11 pm to 3 am next day. :wall::wall::wall:no idea what they are planning to do now... i always hate these downtimes. they make changes to their networks causing weird things to happen with our connections.

even they are informing users about downtime in advance :confused: airtel is first isp to do this in india :ashamed: isp's of usa put such downtime issues in their websites. i saw this in my brother's roadrunner account :D

maybe they are wiring their net to the intelligence agencies just like AT&T did:whistle:or they are preparing for 24 mbps speeds:yahoo:

But the the good part is they have informing it will be down! Few weeks ago suddenly my net stopped at 02:00Hrs, In frustration I called up CC just to know it's gonna be down till 07:00Hrs... Knowing this before is always good.

24mbps gosh i'll love that!well its good that they informing us.but yet to see if they actually get up and running in the mntioned time frame,,,,,,.......xD

i need to find someone to go out for a couple of hours tonight. i slept during the day time. so i cannot really sleep now.

may i suggest practicing mediation.I was just like you surfing net late at night.
now i have removed net addiction practice concentrate on yoga and meditation.
just try it it the most amazing thing to experience.
just sit in a upright crossed legs and hands on your things and your thumbs touching your second finger.close your eyes and think nothing but blank.if your are getting distracted by your thoughts then count your breathing.also open your 7 chakras by thinking that your are revolving your chakras.

Chakra Meditation , page 1'
sorry for Ot but your really need it.

Whats the prob ? first you get an advance warning and they choose a time when ppl are asleep.See usually i dont get those courtesies from my former ISP or the goddamn Discom !!

The services are down in the whole NCR region. The website(airtelbroadband.in) is down as well. I hope they are improving something that will lead to better pings.MTNL is far better in this aspect than Airtel.Oh BTW, they just told me it is going to be up by 5am, but I am in Delhi. Dunno.

Back