• Thread starter Thread starter WiZaRd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,052

WiZaRd

l33T
ISP
Airtel 2222 Unlimited(1 mbps)
Hi guysI'm using the 1699 plan and live in Gurgaon.For the past one week i have been facing a weird problem.Between 10am and 6pm my download speeds on torrents go down to half(40-60 KBps).After 6 the speeds go back to normal(110-130 KBps) and stays this way till around 10am the next morning.This is only happening with torrents. MY HTTP transfers and speed checks during 10am and 6pm show that my speeds are normal(110-130 KBps).I don't know what's going on but it's really irritating. And before someone says it's FUP, it's not.......Any and all help is welcome. ThanksAdditional Info:Ports have been forwarded on the 220Bxi modem.Im using PPoE.There are no RTO's on any of the Airtel DNS's.SNR on the line is between 25-30.

my torrent speeds do not touch the top limits at nights unless they are on private trackers. with ubuntu they are fine though.

Using private trackers here. This has been happening for the past one week only. Before that everything was fine and normal.The speeds reduce between 10 and 6 go back to normal on the same torrent.

looks like they have thrown the FUP crap at your night time usage. just kidding of course. if you are getting top speeds on HTTP, i guess you can do little about it. airtel could send their engineer to your place after 10PM but he would just show you the speeds on HTTP using their own Speed Test portal.

It's the other way around bro.I'm getting normal speeds in the night. In the day getting less than half.

Back