MTNL broadband slow speeds in Nerul, Navi Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter jamie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,523
Just noticed another anomaly--->Cannot login to modem using default username & password.
It appears I have been locked out of MTNL modem.:fear2:
I am experiencing this for several weeks. The default password "admin" doesn't let me in :P
I called 1504....they said to place complaint at 198.
Now tell me...is it safe to Reset Modem???? Will it need some setting inputs after reset. As when first time MTNL broadband was installed on my PC, the line man had put some inputs.
And also from the beginning I was unable to login to my register.mtnl,net account. Tried both using @a and without it.

I am experiencing this for several weeks. The default password "admin" doesn't let me in :P
I called 1504....they said to place complaint at 198.
Now tell me...is it safe to Reset Modem???? Will it need some setting inputs after reset. As when first time MTNL broadband was installed on my PC, the line man had put some inputs.
And also from the beginning I was unable to login to my register.mtnl,net account. Tried both using @a and without it.
Yes, it is safe to reset the modem provided u know the original settings which were first entered.
U can take a backup of modem config. & restore it after hard reset or u could manually enter the settings again.
U have to go to interface setup section & make sure virtual circuit is PVC0,VPI 0,VCI 32,set encapsulation to PPPoA/PPPoE.
U must also enter your correct username & password(your CA no.) otherwise u will not be able to go online even if u are able to access the modem page.
If all the above & more, is difficult for u then try the backup method.Just dont blame me if u accidentally mess it up.
Also u will have to set DSL mode to ADSL2+.Hope this gives u a rough idea.
Or just got to the exchange & tell them to reset it.

U have to go to interface setup section & make sure virtual circuit is PVC0,VPI 0,VCI 32,set encapsulation to PPPoA/PPPoE.
U must also enter your correct username & password(your CA no.) otherwise u will not be able to go online even if u are able to access the modem page.

Thanks for the info. Though this time I may call MTNL and get the work done....but at least in future I can do this without fear :)
Once I see through the process it will be ok for me to try next time if needed.

Registered complaint on 198 on Saturday & MTNL babus have not solved it till Monday afternoon.Maybe uski subha nahi hui hay ab tak.MTNL is making it a habit of ruining my weekends & when questioned they give the lame reply that everybody uses it on weekends.:at-wits-end:

Back