Airtel DTH picture quality on 42" plasma tv

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 11,271

Mahesh1

ISP
Airtel 128kbps unlimited
Hi,I got my airtel digital t.v today and i hooked it on my samsung 42'' plasma. I must say that the picture quality is no-where near DVD like what they advertise. Yes the noise that is present on cable is gone and all channels are pretty much of the same quality. I noticed one thing that really put me off I was watching SQUAKBOX on CNBC TV 18 and they showed this square where the reporter was speaking to the guy in the studio and that square was all pixelated and was like watching video stream of really low quality on the net.Is this true only for Airtel?Is this because of MPEG-4 Technology?Is it because of the large plasma?Is tata-sky any better when viewed on a 42' or larger plasma.Everything else was OK. I can't say that I am dissatisfied with this just a little dissatisfied.

Same problem here with my 42" LG. Picture quality is obviously not as refined and sharp as DVD, but then Airtel Digital TV picture quality is better than dish tv. Surprisingly I used to enjoy the sound quality better on Dish TV. Had more depth and bass (if at all..!!)Between Taka SKY and Airtel DIgital TV, i think Airtel has better picture. (dont know if its my eyes:) )

xotiq are you sure Airtel picture quality is better than Tata Sky? I am saying this because TATA SKY (not plus) does not use MPEG-4 rather it uses old technology. Consequently I have noticed that on plasma some channels coming from the cable wala (like NDTV profit) are better than Airtel. The picture is sharp and full, i think this could be because of the old technology suites plasma's better than MPEG-4.

Nothing to do with older technology. Just that your cable operator is using less compression and giving more bandwidth to the signal compared to the dth operator...

Hi Mahesh,I bought LG 42 inch HDTV last Diwali and at that time i was using Tata Sky,so i connected the Tatasky to the LG 42 inch HDTV.The picture was little bit good.But Tatasky was better on my old 29 inch samsung tv than my new LG 42 inch HDTV.So i deactivated Tatasky.Thats it.And i also have cable,so i connected that to the LG 42 inch HDTV,The picture is very much sharp and nice than Tatasky.These cable tv guys use C band,and also they do not compress the channels,so the channels are very nice.Till now i am watching my HDTV with Cable only.Its very good with all regional chnanels.The picture is very sharp and clear.Also the LG 42 Inch HDTV has builtin Booster,so the tv signal is very very nice and neat.So try to connect cable tv instead of Dth.You will watch better picture on big screen only with cable and not with Dth,becoz DTH compress the channels.:thumbsup::thumb::dance:

Hey blu6779,i didnot tell that c band gives more quality picture,i told they use c band thats all.:whistle: But all the points are true,cable tv looks very better than all dth.Its true.If u want u can check it

^^if you mean that they are getting the signal from C band satellite signal, then yes you are correct.

BTW, most broadcasters use C band and not KU band...

cable tv looks very better than all dth.Its true.If u want u can check it

Yes, I agree with you... see post #4.

BTW, most broadcasters use C band and not KU band...

What u r telling?:confused:

^^broadcasters meaning star group, sun group, zee group, discovery etc. use C-band satellite signals to deliver content...

Back