Airtel Enters into Computer Hardware: Airtel Net PC

• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,579
D

designwebgraphic

Airtel enters into computer hardware business with a name: "Airtel Net PC" - a computer that will never crash.

Features:
LCD Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
10GB Data Storage
100% Data Security
Clond Computing Technology

All at just Rs. 7999/= ONLY

I received this promotional offer through email:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3112/airtelnetpcbroadbandcom.jpg

You can avail the offer from their website - Net PC Lead Page

10GB is not enough. And why havent they mentioned abt CPU speed and RAM? They are surely giving some old config PC.

If their purpose is to use it for internet and to make it as internet PC then i dont think the speed would be slow!!!

well it is that thing what SUN wanted to make: network is the computer.

it is a decent configuration machine that connects to the LAN for every form of storage requirement.

it wont be fast. but would perform regular operations well.

----------

BSNL and MTNL are providing solutions offered by this company:

Novatium: Technology - Nova netPC

i am not sure if airtel is doing the same.

they do not rely on third party companies for such things (IPTV being the prime example)...

but in the end they are not going to manufacture these machines themselves.

Wow 3GB data transfer - enough for all your needs.Yeah it won't crash by itself but it will be so slow that the user will feel like throwing it out of the window.

well, i am not sure if you have but i have seen computers in homes where people have little use for them. they are slow and they are messed up machines. viruses and shitz like that. these thin clients are likely to be free of all that mess. most people don't need high performance machines for what they do on a machine.

here are details of the machine they are providing:
Nivio - always turned on!
its good, but with limited connection, how can one use this? i think they only have 256kbps plans for this one, so targeted to only the very basic users.

Back