Airtel Enters into Computer Hardware: Airtel Net PC

• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,579
does the 3GB data transfer also include data transferred b/w the PC and airtel servers, tht is if i open a 10MB file stored on airtel server, will it be counted as 10MB download or not??

does the 3GB data transfer also include data transferred b/w the PC and airtel servers, tht is if i open a 10MB file stored on airtel server, will it be counted as 10MB download or not??

Probably it does include....dont expect the sky for Rs 699 per month...apart from shared softwares it also includes a 256kbps / 3 gb plan

neh. i doubt it includes local data transfer. considering it would fetch almost everything from airtel's local servers... the concept is that you boot into a networked operating system. so you would not require to upgrade or update any software installed on it.

I would still be apprehensive about storing my personal info on Airtel's ServerA major chunk of that 8k would be the LCD monitor , they should have a non monitor option for people who own their own monitors

hopefully it doesnt, and also, the link speed between the PC and airtel servers shouldnt be 256kbps, but atleast 2mbps, you can imagine how a comp would operate on 256kbps
(most computer hard disk operate in the range of 20-40MBps)

----------

btw, does anyone here have this??

perhaps they could shed some light on this

----------

just saw the config properly, this is for Rs 8k and 700/month

why not just buy cheap celeron PC with a CRT for approx 15k(possibly less) and take a 128 or 64 unlimited plan, use linux (eg ubuntu) to save cost of OS

the ppl who will be using this would have no probs using ubuntu as only the very basic amount of work would be done on this PC

^ Obviously speed between Airtel servers and you wouldnt be 256 kbps , it would run at the max speed possible or maybe at IPTV speeds

Back