• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 23,766
Status
Not open for further replies.

p4paji

ISP
Airtel
This would certainly sound pretty silly on airtels behalf.I needed to get Triple 999 plan installed at my home. Now I contacted customer care and what they replied was, one needs to pay 3499/3999(with wifi) to get it installed.Now I already have broadband and wifi modem from airtel already installed(just got wifi 2 months back for 1000 bucks). They say they would not replace or do the wiring again, neither they would provide new modem, still charge 3999 bucks. WTF? Why should one pay that much. I've already paid 800(broadband Installation) + 1000(for Wifi) and now they are asking 3999(for iptv) i.e. 5800 for 3 services.Now person needs to pay for all 3 services to get just the 3rd service installed, while he has paid for earlier 2 services already.Now if I didn't had wifi / broadband they would still charge me same 3999(Confirmed from Cust Care).I gave my views at local airtel center/shop and what they said was it's right. I should get some discount as I already have the services. He gave me a number and that number no one picks.Airtel is really becoming a cheap service provider and really new provider like MyWay are far far better in all aspects.

no one is forcing you to go for airtel iptv right?they have an offer. if you do not want it, just do not go for it. they have mentioned it clearly on their site that iptv charges are 4000. broadband and landline installation is extra. as simple as that.

It seems you are Airtel Fan..isn't it chap...:whistle:Exactly I wanted to point out that why are they taking extra charges for same things.....Ok leave it....u enjoy airtel as i'm better off conserving money for somthing better than airtel....chaoBTW airtel s**ks.....

they are offering 35 channels on time shift. compare the price of airtel iptv to Tata Sky+ and not regular dth companies. as for myway, we are yet to see how good they are. we all know what happened to aksh customers. mtnl and bsnl keeps playing games with their customers by outsourcing their IPTV networks. airtel at least is providing it at par with their broadband services.

Ok dude...you are trying to convince me on this....If I agree to take airtel...how good the quality is....i know they dont have HDMI on STB....but that's fine...none have....I've heard of Time delays....How good or how bad the performance is of airtel....DOnt make this a quarrel dude....just needed your consent....

i have been using airtel iptv since february. i paid 4400 for the STB. i hated paying the money. but you know what? it might be worth it.

i was also paying close to around 440 rupees for IPTV subscription because they launched with just one combo plan (256kbps).

i moved to the new plan last month which gives me 512k unlimited with iptv for around 1700. it's totally worth it because i just end up paying 200 rupees for television. no DTH would give me these many service for 200 bucks. right?

another thing... airtel iptv stb is like a modem. they take care of it. you do not pay any AMC for it. if it goes bad, they replace it for free. as long as you are subscribed to the service. just like their broadband services.

most dth companies would sell you the box with a one year warranty. after that one year, you pay for every repair. right?

and of course i love the time shift functionality that alone is totally worth it. 35 channels. you can pause, you can rewind... you can watch any program from the last 7 days. no need to record anything (like on Tata Sky+)...

and of course, iptv has much more space for future growth and feature additions. compared to dth. which is currently in a mess due to limited transponder space.

----------

and let me clarify my position here.

i am not defending airtel here.

i hate them for their recent policies (Airtel Fair Usage Policy)...

i hate them for making me so reliant on their services.

but the fact is... they came to my rescue when everyone else failed.

airtel broadband helped me at a time when sify broadband was driving me crazy. bsnl broadband had not even arrived.

and they saved me with their IPTV solution when zee dish tv practically defrauded me. the local cable guy is a goon. and well. airtel powers my phone, my broadband and my television.

i do not however rely on them for mobile services ;)

i have been using airtel iptv since february. i paid 4400 for the STB. i hated paying the money. but you know what? it might be worth it.

i was also paying close to around 440 rupees for IPTV subscription because they launched with just one combo plan (256kbps).

i moved to the new plan last month which gives me 512k unlimited with iptv for around 1700. it's totally worth it because i just end up paying 200 rupees for television. no DTH would give me these many service for 200 bucks. right?

another thing... airtel iptv stb is like a modem. they take care of it. you do not pay any AMC for it. if it goes bad, they replace it for free. as long as you are subscribed to the service. just like their broadband services.

most dth companies would sell you the box with a one year warranty. after that one year, you pay for every repair. right?

and of course i love the time shift functionality that alone is totally worth it. 35 channels. you can pause, you can rewind... you can watch any program from the last 7 days. no need to record anything (like on Tata Sky+)...

and of course, iptv has much more space for future growth and feature additions. compared to dth. which is currently in a mess due to limited transponder space.

----------

and let me clarify my position here.

i am not defending airtel here.

i hate them for their recent policies (Airtel Fair Usage Policy)...

i hate them for making me so reliant on their services.

but the fact is... they came to my rescue when everyone else failed.

airtel broadband helped me at a time when sify broadband was driving me crazy. bsnl broadband had not even arrived.

and they saved me with their IPTV solution when zee dish tv practically defrauded me. the local cable guy is a goon. and well. airtel powers my phone, my broadband and my television.

i do not however rely on them for mobile services ;)

sadly..i had already got TS+ before it launched in my area....always would have gone for that...:)...in HK Nat geo hd and discovery hd are broadcas thru NowTV which is owned by the man who launched startv in Asia and is a IPTV....IPTV is an interactive medium where ur sTB interacts with the service provider...opens up a lot of possibilities in TV viewing but also brings privacy issues as the providers know what u r watching, when u r watching and all that data is getting stored somewhere.

fine fine...i agree airtel came to rescue for me as well when sify ditched me on support front....i admire airtel support for broadband....More likely i'm too gonna switch to airtel next week and then post my response....but just to know, why dont they have HDMI on STB's?Donno why but I see no point taking IPTV with LCD/plasma/Laser TV's.Well just got a call from airtel while writing...they offered me to install IPTV for just 2000....Now surely airtel for me....I'm using 512k night unlimited plan from airtel, now i have to adjust to 256k one...monetary constraints...now i have to adjust to half the speed....

you can consider the 384 pack which would cost as much as 512 when taken with iptv. as for hdmi... it's a bad investment considering majority of people are not going to use it so it increases costs for everyone. maybe airtel would offer an optional update in the future when their network is capable of support HDMI quality trasmission.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
me too wanted to go for 384 or 512 one...may update in future but currently its too much for me to pay....
but really thanks guys for helping me this much...i have been a part of many forums but feel this forum is one of the best ones around...
Keep the good work going guys...:cool2:
Will give my reviews next week after deploying IPTV.....

----------

kumararvind: Does it matter to someone what you are watching.....but if it matters, this'll what will help in parental watch...may be when you're children would watch channels which are 'A'(I hardly know any), you would know the benefits....till then curse the parental locks...
Companies like airtel would have some Quality Constraints that even if they have the data they wont share them with anyone...so keep viewing those channels which you dont want other to know about....

I still think airtel policies are going far from Old customer friendly now and they are moving more towards New Customer friendly...supposedly they are trying to expand the customer base than earning revenues from existing one....lets see the neat future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back