Airtel is so desperate about the recovery of ONT device !

• Thread starter Thread starter dvn880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 679
ISP
Bsnl
I haven't recharged my Airtel fiber connection in the last 7-8 months, as I have not been in my HomeTown during this period. Earlier, they used to call me and offer an extra month of validity if I recharged. Since I wasn't in my hometown, I refused. I didn't plan on disconnecting the connection because I wanted to use it when I return every once in a while, because it's a prepaid connection.

For the past three months, they have spam called me every day, asking if someone is at my house to return the ONT. I was not ready to return it initially but then I was informed by an Airtel representative that the router has been disconnected from the backend and won't work even if I recharge it again, which I still doubt, as I still see an option in the app to recharge and reactivate the connection and I also get sms notification about recharging the connection every once in a while, so I'm not sure how true this is.

Now that my parents are at home for a few days, I accepted the return request. 2 days back, I received a message from Shadowfax courier service about the return pickup and after few hours I got a message about return pickup being put on hold as the customer is requesting a return/replacement first, which is a total lie. No one from their side contacted me or came to my house. I want them to pick it up before my parents leave so that I don't get spammed with calls from Airtel agents every day. Btw I have a non-active Jio fiber connection at my other place, and Jio never even bothered about the ONT or the setup box, which are sitting in my storage, why is Airtel all of a sudden so desparate.

Last edited:
This harassment continues even after returning the device. They don't know whether the device is collected and keep calling me daily!

Back