Airtel Mobile is being an ass: I cant take it anymore ....

ISP
BSNL Fiber 750GB
For 1 year or so .. i have been receiving spam sms even after registering to NDC registry

1 week before they charged me around 200 Rs + for using GRPS for which i paid 35Rs to get 500 MB ( just 500 MB ) / week - reason being i used airtelive setting , which i didn't

today i tried to place a complain regarding slow GPRS connection , so i called 198 , after asking everything the CC personal said , i have to call 12138(6) dont remember the no exactly , but sure its their paid cc no , but wait , isn't 121 is supposed to be about info about their products ?

so now 198 is starting to redirect customers to allocated paid cc no`s ... in my problem GPRS (12138) and who knows for hello tune they might have different 121xx

anyway , i asked her then why is 198 is for ? she said she doesn't have any info about the problem ... i asked her , if she doesn't have , then who will have ?
for that she replies 12138 might have ... this is surely illegal activity conducted by airtel ... redirecting customers / forcing customers to use their paid service...

if a problem is arising from their service , why should we pay to get it corrected ?
tomorrow they might purposely induce problems ... network issues and other all sort of problem . if that's the case , then should we pay for it to get corrected ?

This is day robbery at the peak ...

there is no one is ask ... no one to question thier atrocity ...

10 mintues before , after i finished talking to cc ( actually she cut my call , after i repeatedly asking her to take a complain and to give detail on my problem within 198) i got a message stating that my hello tune was deactivated ...

i paid/ recharged for my HT on 6/9/10 , i still have that sms

and i didnt send any stop sms to deactivate..

i called CC again and spoke with senior official ... he said that there is log that i sent a deactivation ... i asked him "to show me / explain me the proof " but he kept saying that there is log that i requested to deactivate ... which i didnt ...he took a complain and said it will be resolved by 14 th ... i also verfied whether money will be refunded for the days which i didnt have my HT , he said yes...

i am jsut waiting ...

The bitter truth is these comapnies cant handle the current customer base ... look at the no .. India has the most mobile connection in he world and its growing exponentially .. but while networks are still the same ... they are reaping profit ..
TRAI used to release congestion in each network .. not sure whether they do now also ... actually there are guidelines to limit of congestion each network can have ... but i am sure .. these big companies dont care about..

2 yrs before when a tower shared say 500 cell no , now its supporting 1000+ , more than it can handle ... that's where congestion / gprs problem and all sorts of problem arises..

I have been fighting for years now .. and off lately calling CC is utter waste as they are no more than a unqualified workers , just kept to tackle the loads of incomming calls ... and redirecting us to thier paid service ... which we wont ... and will frown to place another call...

Airtel is starting and practising some of the worst methods to push off thier customers from ever contacting them about thier problems..

all we can do is write somewhere here in a forum or blog or tweet or ongoing never ending failing battle ...

there is no strict rules to govern these over grown weeds....
in my 5 years period , i would have placed atleast 500+ calls to cc for variuos reasons..and numerous emails.. but all is in vain most of the time
had a worst day .. and all went for no purpose ... planning to ditch the whole mobile and be a free man ... :(

-Urs Siva

Sorry to hear that. You might wanna wait for one more month for MNP and then switch to some other operator. That should fix all these problems. :smile:You're right - CC is waste of time. Next time, don't even bother calling them. :|

^I really hope the MNP will come soon and not get delayed on and on and on... *frustrated*

Update :

I think Nodal officer is nothing more than an ......[edited]...
I gave my complain no and even the CC personal when contacted 2 days after lodging my complain knows exactly what the problem is ... but Nodal officer whom i think should be well informed and should have all access.. says , she doesnt know anything..
I dont think airtel really has a customer care service...
And again they want us to contact thier paid line ... My question is even if a nodal officer cant resolve my problem .. how come calling a paid line would solve ?

This is atrocity / stupidity / madness to the extreme... and i think this how they are swindling numerous money from innocent customers..
Even when we , ( net users ) cant able to get it resolved , think of some one like my mom , who doesnt know anything about nodal officer or even customer care no ...

Pathetic.....

here is the reply i got

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Airtel.

We regret for the delay in responding to your mail.

We understand from your previous interaction dated 11/09/2010, you have expressed concern over GPRS and balance deduction for your Airtel number xxxxxxx.

We understand your concern and will work towards resolving the same.

We would like to inform you that Rs.35 GPRS pack 500MB free is not available and there is no balance deduction for GPRS found in your account as per our records.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request. We request you to call to GPRS helpdesk number 12118 or 12138 for any further GPRS clarifications.

For further assistance, mail us at [email protected].

We value your association with Airtel.

Warm Regards,

xxxxxxx R
Nodal Officer
Bharti Airtel Limited

my original mail was...

My complain no : 090730xxxxxx
My mobile No : xxxxxxxxxx

I am using 1 week grps plan of 35 Rs (500MB) , and last week i was debited
around 200 RS for grps .. when enquired CC told me that i used airtellive
setting which i didnt , since for the past 3 weeks , i have been using GPRS
without changing my setting .
Today Your Magimai Dass designation Supervisiorspoke with me and said the same.
here are my question

1.) what does 500 MB is allocated for?
2.) How do you expect normal customers to know all the techincal aspect of
GPRS, how are we supposed to know which setting is charged or other is not...
Its you who have to make a simplified path so that we use one way and it comes
under that 500 MB
3.)Will you refund my money or not ? if not then refund that weeks grps pack i
activiated ...
4.) WE go for 35 Rs scheme to have hassle free service , but you are making
things complicated for customers...

And if my memory serves right , previously when we activate any GPRS plan ,
only one setting will work and never both ... Am i right ? Now you have opened
all the gateway and customer who unknowingly browse in another gateway , you
charge them .. how easy for you ... we pay for our limited bandwidth and you
still charge us ...

Final word , you have reduced from unlimted plan to mere 500 MB , and now we
cant even browse the allocated 500 MB , thanks for your complicated
technicality and system which is confusing and put in place for non techinical
customers to easilt charge them if they browse with other setting... I really
loved your service 2 years back ... and now all you want is money ... ZERO
service !!

When number portabailty comes , i will make sure , me and all my known contacts
who are in Airtel, to move to other network ..

Were u using GPRS before taking the Rs35 Pack. If Yes ten the problem would be that some of your application would be using the Airtel Live to access the net. Make sure that u delete the Airtel Live setting and use the Mobile Office setting that Airtel might have send to you.

I doubt if Airtel has a nodal officer. A year and half ago I was promised a refund of about Rs.300 by the Airtel Nodal officer through an email because I was conned into taking a new airtel mobile connection by one of their representatives by making false promises and the representative also enrolled me for ECS deduction which I had not signed. I still have the email. Till this date I have not received any refund.......said good bye to airtel

Were u using GPRS before taking the Rs35 Pack. If Yes ten the problem would be that some of your application would be using the Airtel Live to access the net. Make sure that u delete the Airtel Live setting and use the Mobile Office setting that Airtel might have send to you.

i am on xperia x10 and i dont think it allows apps to use other setting than what i have selected... but first time when i called the CC , they gave a similar reply .. and said that Opera Mini always uses AIRTEL LIVE setting - WTF ?

Yeah bro..let MNP come&it will be your freedom from airtel....

yeah.... waiting for it...

I doubt if Airtel has a nodal officer. A year and half ago I was promised a refund of about Rs.300 by the Airtel Nodal officer through an email because I was conned into taking a new airtel mobile connection by one of their representatives by making false promises and the representative also enrolled me for ECS deduction which I had not signed. I still have the email. Till this date I have not received any refund.......said good bye to airtel

eveni got a call a day before from north ... he said he will look into the issue and issue the refund.. but havent got antoher call from him ...

Back