Airtel overcharging data usage

ISP
Airtel
I have an Airtel Broadband connection with account no 7006608586. The account has been active since July 2013. While using the connection I had always suspected that Airtel was overcharging the actual data usage but could not substantiate it. However I installed a data counter and checked the usage and was shocked. Last month my monthly quota of 40 GB was declared exhausted by airtel after I'd used just 30 GB. This month too I've received am email telling me that the free usage of 40 GB is over even while I've hardly used 25 GB. This is actually insane. Thus I've decided to get the connection disconnected and go with BSNL or ACT Broadband. However I feel that its my duty to inform other users so that they don't get ripped off like me. Its about time that Airtel realises that they cannot get away with this every time.

Ashish, you should raise this concern to Airtel Presence on Facebook. Let's see what they have to say about this.

Ashish did you check only your downloads? Uploads also count as data usage. So if you use torrents, uploads can add to the data usage too. Also if you have other devices on the WiFi, your PC's Data counter might not record data usage of those devices.
Cheers,
Still

Back