Airtel playing Egypt Sub-Marine cable cut card too much??

• Thread starter Thread starter Amuthan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,576

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
Alrite... Now we all know that in Egypt a Sub-Marine cable has been cut and a whole bunch of Asian countries are suffering due to a heavy loss of bandwidth! Now Airtel has found a way to solve this problem... They've decided to reduce the promised speed of customers by 50%!!!

This is how it goes...
A - Amuthan
C - Call center guy

A: Hi, I 've been experiencing slow browsing for past 2 days why is it so?
C: Sir, As you know there has been an earthquake in Taiwan so all cables have been cut. We are solving the problem now and make sure your connection comes up again!

A: What???
C: Oh.. Sorry sir! (Murmurring to himself without muting the fone) I think I must have read last month's script... Where is the new one?? (Asks his neighbor for the new script, Gets it!)
A: Hello?? Hello? Hello?
C: Thank you for staying on line sir... How may I help u?
A: Arey... wht the heck is going on? Tell me whts happening? Earthquake was in Taiwan only naa? Not in ur company.... Tell me whts going??
C: Sir.. There has been a severe problem with the Undersea Sub-Marine cable cut @ Egypt... So we are facing a severe shortage of bandwidth..
A: So?? When will it get rectified?
C: Sir, most probably I'll get it rectified by 2 weeks!
A: Okay... Now why have you billed me in excess of Rs.200?
C: Sir, since the cable in Egypt has been cut our servers are not working properly, so there might be some errors in Billing which we'll reflect in your next bill.
A: Alrite... why isn't my Hello tune working?
C: Sir, since the cable in Egypt has got cut and our server's are not working there is also some problem with our songs database. We are rigorously working on it and will get your hello tunes playing soon.
A: Wht? Hello Tunes are also played from Egypt hai kya?
C: Sir, since the cable got cut in Egypt, there is a lot of problem in our technical side. So we are working on it problem by problem.
A: When will you finish working?
C: Most probably within 2 Weeks.
A: Why is your site working and not Google's site?
C: Sir, since the cable got cut in Egypt, all sites will have problems in downloading. Not only Airtel but also BSNL and VSNL users will also have same problems. So its not our fault. We hope to rectify this problem soon sir.
A: Alrite... I want my connection working in 2 weeks time.
C: Sure sir! You had called for an enquiry for a new connection and I have given you all the details? Is that correct sir?
A: Wht?? I'm an existing customer.
C: Oh.. Sorry sir, You're an existing customer and I have assisted you with billing information. Is that right sir? Is there anything else I can assist u with sir? Thank you for calling Airtel
A: (Damn it! He never gave me a chance to speak in the End!!!)

Alrite... Airtel has been playing the cable cut in Egypt card too much.. And my work is getting interrupted because of this thing!! When will they actually get the line working??? :whistle:

Cheers,
Amuthan

Interesting conversation :)

Is this really a true conversation or did you make this up...its hilarious
:rofl:

Alrite... Now we all know that in Egypt a Sub-Marine cable has been cut and a whole bunch of Asian countries are suffering due to a heavy loss of bandwidth! Now Airtel has found a way to solve this problem... They've decided to reduce the promised speed of customers by 50%!!!

This is how it goes...
A - Amuthan
C - Call center guy

A: Hi, I 've been experiencing slow browsing for past 2 days why is it so?
C: Sir, As you know there has been an earthquake in Taiwan so all cables have been cut. We are solving the problem now and make sure your connection comes up again!

A: What???
C: Oh.. Sorry sir! (Murmurring to himself without muting the fone) I think I must have read last month's script... Where is the new one?? (Asks his neighbor for the new script, Gets it!)
A: Hello?? Hello? Hello?
C: Thank you for staying on line sir... How may I help u?
A: Arey... wht the heck is going on? Tell me whts happening? Earthquake was in Taiwan only naa? Not in ur company.... Tell me whts going??
C: Sir.. There has been a severe problem with the Undersea Sub-Marine cable cut @ Egypt... So we are facing a severe shortage of bandwidth..
A: So?? When will it get rectified?
C: Sir, most probably I'll get it rectified by 2 weeks!
A: Okay... Now why have you billed me in excess of Rs.200?
C: Sir, since the cable in Egypt has been cut our servers are not working properly, so there might be some errors in Billing which we'll reflect in your next bill.
A: Alrite... why isn't my Hello tune working?
C: Sir, since the cable in Egypt has got cut and our server's are not working there is also some problem with our songs database. We are rigorously working on it and will get your hello tunes playing soon.
A: Wht? Hello Tunes are also played from Egypt hai kya?
C: Sir, since the cable got cut in Egypt, there is a lot of problem in our technical side. So we are working on it problem by problem.
A: When will you finish working?
C: Most probably within 2 Weeks.
A: Why is your site working and not Google's site?
C: Sir, since the cable got cut in Egypt, all sites will have problems in downloading. Not only Airtel but also BSNL and VSNL users will also have same problems. So its not our fault. We hope to rectify this problem soon sir.
A: Alrite... I want my connection working in 2 weeks time.
C: Sure sir! You had called for an enquiry for a new connection and I have given you all the details? Is that correct sir?
A: Wht?? I'm an existing customer.
C: Oh.. Sorry sir, You're an existing customer and I have assisted you with billing information. Is that right sir? Is there anything else I can assist u with sir? Thank you for calling Airtel
A: (Damn it! He never gave me a chance to speak in the End!!!)

Alrite... Airtel has been playing the cable cut in Egypt card too much.. And my work is getting interrupted because of this thing!! When will they actually get the line working??? :whistle:

Cheers,
Amuthan

I think it is true but I dunno.

it looks more like made up conversation, part of which may be true.@kyrlwhy quote full thing again?oh! looks like he is already banned or something

Back