Airtel provided incomplete details for a Blackberry plan resulting in a disaster

• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,364
Yup you are right dude. They seem to have charged me at 50p/10kb and 33969 is the pulse rate. That's the only way the numbers tally. Good one.However not one CC, Dispute, or TL could explain this to me. They had no clue. All they knew was data is charged at 10p/10kb and nothing beyond. Which makes me think if they are this clueless after the event, how can they possibly appraise customers of charges and fees before the event. These guys are a nightmare. Your approach of email confirmation is the best way, but that boat has sailed for me.I do have 2-3 complaints nos. Did speak to a nodal officer earlier this evening. He had promised to call back within 2 hours. Didn't receive that call. Called back 5 hours later. Asked for the same fellow. He was busy on another call or something. but the guy who answered said my initial contact would call back soon for sure. Haven't heard from them yet.

Yup you are right dude. They seem to have charged me at 50p/10kb and 33969 is the number of pulses rate. That's the only way the numbers tally. Good one.

FTFY

However not one CC, Dispute, or TL could explain this to me. They had no clue.
They never do. Think about the qualifications required and pay given in customer care, it is an exception if they understand anything outside the script required. (look up a video called Verizon math)
All they knew was data is charged at 10p/10kb and nothing beyond. Which makes me think if they are this clueless after the event, how can they possibly appraise customers of charges and fees before the event.
And thats why always look at the TRAI tariff sheets before committing to anything. The people preparing those seem to be the only competent people in telecoms (other than those running the n/w ofc)
These guys are a nightmare. Your approach of email confirmation is the best way, but that boat has sailed for me.

I do have 2-3 complaints nos. Did speak to a nodal officer earlier this evening. He had promised to call back within 2 hours. Didn't receive that call. Called back 5 hours later.
Keep pestering the nodal officer. If he says he'll call back in 2 hours and doesnt, call back after 2 hrs 15 min, not 5 hours. Thats the only way to get work done
Asked for the same fellow. He was busy on another call or something. but the guy who answered said my initial contact would call back soon for sure. Haven't heard from them yet.

Remember : with telecom companies (and all companies I guess, but have dealt with only telcos), unless there is something in written, DO NOT trust it

[OT]Lawyers are paid to interpret laws. Whats the equivalent for those who interpret Airtels plans and bills?

If the nodal officer is located in the same city/town as you are, I would suggest you visit that Airtel office & meet face to face. Ask for a specific timeline for resolution of the issue. The issue can be resolved only at the nodal officer level or above. Everyone below that operates off a script. Talk to them about anything that is not in the script and they won't do anything about it.

Wait.. so for 299 rupees, you get access to the blackberry services and for 499 rupees in addition to that, you get 500kB of internet usage. is that what airtel is saying?

My way of getting things done-

1. Go to linkedin.com
2. Find out the top guys of the company like: CEO, CMO, COO, Circle head etc.
3. Guess the email address: This is not difficult if you know the domain name such as [email protected], [email protected] etc.
4. Send the detailed, concise mail with sufficient proof, complaint number and the followup you have done.
5. Pray to god that your mail reaches right mailbox.

If the nodal officer is located in the same city/town as you are, I would suggest you visit that Airtel office & meet face to face. Ask for a specific timeline for resolution of the issue. The issue can be resolved only at the nodal officer level or above. Everyone below that operates off a script. Talk to them about anything that is not in the script and they won't do anything about it.

Well I was given a cell phone number for a nodal officer. When I called the number it went to a IVR and was answered by a nodal officer. The next time i called it was another guy who answered who was also a nodal officer. So its basically another call center setup. Unlikely I will ever get their physical address and if anyone is entertained there in person.

Wait.. so for 299 rupees, you get access to the blackberry services and for 499 rupees in addition to that, you get 500kB of internet usage. is that what airtel is saying?
Yup, they have successfully breached level 99 of milking poor unsuspecting loyal customers.

@xred. Well as of now every fellow I speak to seems to agree in some sort of way Airtel is at fault. However nothing is being done about it. After a 2 hour call back promise they are now singing the resolution in 72 hours tune. Am waiting for a definite answer. If a NO on their part to waive, that is when I shall look for more stringent remedies.

can someone tell me a better title for this thread?

Well, it was actually a rant while slightly baked and unfortunately can't edit now.

Anyways please update to whatever is appropriate.

Well, it was actually a rant while slightly baked and unfortunately can't edit now.

Anyways please update to whatever is appropriate.
Did you like just recieve the bill when you were browsing IBF..?? :)
Anyways..keep nagging those CC people...thats the only solution i can think off...i had a similar experience like this with BSNL...
Because 10p/10kb...figures really don add up....

Back