Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,909
Tired of slow speeds being offered recently I upgraded my plan to Home 999 ie. 256 kbps unlimited and today I was getting 23-26 KB during day time and 48-50KB during night which means that the double speeds at night is back. I just wanna know if the problem has been fixed with the 999 plan only or have they started giving double speeds on rest of the plans too. Please confirm.

lucky u maybe they did this because u upgraded the plan
these bastards just want everyone to upgrade
Ul128 to 256 and 256 to 512
that is their plan it seems

but still at 256 kbps u should get 32 at day and 64 at night but at least they are doubling ur night speed

Guys is there any way to appeal this to the TRAI?? ... I'm asking this coz' Airtel never explicitly agreed to speeds being doubled at night and their agreement clearly states speeds upto 256Kbps (or upto xyz Kbps depending on ur plan) ... So guys pool in your thoughts as to how to fight this ... the only thing I can think of is flooding the high rung officials in Airtel with your complaints as the CC and low rung employees are completely useless and furthermore they can't change anything ... What can be a possible Plan Of Action??? Please pour in your thoughts .... coz' unless the consumers start voicing their opinions nothing is going to change ... and they will continue to rip us off with pathetic speeds in the name of Broadband connections ... and yes I do consider charging me for a 256Kbps UL plan and not being able to provide me with a constant speed of at least over 200Kbps riping me off

But to prove that what do I do keep logs of my download along with the source and the speed attained??? I think downtime can be proved but proving low speeds falls under the gray area because there is no central speed monitoring or checking authority/site in India ... Please correct me if I'm wrong .... So they will always escape this by saying the source is not good and their last mile connectivity is okay ... But we can prove that they are offering different speeds to people with the same plan ( I believe some people are still getting double speeds at night) ... can't we??? What else can be done??? Any suggestions?Come on yaar kuch toh hoga ...On another note ... I just noticed these morons have activated Hello Tunes on my Landline ... now how do I get rid of this??? Man Airtel is really pissing me off ... first their crappy prepaid, then their broadband and now my Landline ....arghhhhhhhh :madness::madness::madness::madness::madness::madness::madness:

damn guys, since 1 pm im getting speeds like 45 Kbps on torrents, i took the speedtest. i hope this lasts for all eternity!!! :yahoo:

damn guys, since 1 pm im getting speeds like 45 Kbps on torrents, i took the speedtest....

are you sure its 45 Kbps and not 45 KBps ??

uh sorry didnt see the picture... it is 45 KBps

..... i hope this lasts for all eternity!!! :yahoo:

eternity ??? you dont want your speeds to increase ?? :P

Ditto! Sudden surge in speed on 128kbps UL plan (Home 699). Getting avg of 350kbps. Perhaps somebody is fiddling with the systems at DSLAM :P It felt wonderful to enjoy streaming videos at 300k on Yahoo news, but this will be shortlived before they drop to 56-75kbps again.

Still crappy 90kbps here... where are u guys living???A friend who lives in my locality is also getting 290kbps... What-the ??

Back