Airtel trolling me again with my HD DVR box which is unable to record

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
So its airtel again back to its chor tactics.
For past 3 weeks my box is unable to record. Complained first time no one turned up. Complained 2nd time engineer turns up does something with box. Still dont work.
So its the box that is faulty. Now the CC stopped taking my complaint. So wrote an email to Nodal day before yesterday and got reply yesterday on phone call and i insisted to change my box since the box is faulty.
Today the engineer called up and asked me if he could come to my place to replace the box. But keeping to airtel standards of being chor. They are trying to slip in a refurbished box. Since my box is under warranty and warranty says either repair or replace. So i called up Nodal again and told them specifically that provide me new box or i am writing in to MIB :D
On listening this their voice softened and said we will get the best done by tomorrow :P
Not to forget i also got the hefty refund for stopping star cricket HD and espn HD by writing in to MIB.

MIB = Men In Black? :playful:
I seriously don't know the acronym for that.

Need help.
Me too having issues with my HD STB, I am only getting video through the HDMI cable no audio. I sent them a mail and clearly stated that I wouldnt pay a single rupee to the engineer or charges for replacing the STB. In the last one and a half year I have replaced my STB 5 or 6 times already (lost count of it) but since it was in warranty I did not have to pay, but this time I have made up my mind of not paying them. Had it been the first time its causing problems I would have paid, but every few months the STB gives problems, why should I be paying when its Airtel that is providing faulty STB to me which stops working every few months.

Since the STB was working fine for all these months, I just opted for a 6M advance rental pack. Now i cant let it go to waste. If anyone here has any email id of someone from Airtel who could help resolve my issue, it would be of great help.

Thanks
Mailed the nodal as well as few other persons from Airtel who's email Id I had, who had helped me previously but got no reply from anyone so just logged a complaint on the mentioned site.

Today the set top box was replaced with a new one. These cheaters had to budge after numerous emails to nodal and complaint to MIB. Now i am pressing them for waiver since they took a month to replace it. They wont budge for that easily but i will kick their arse :D

Back