AirTel Twitch Buffering Issues?

ISP
AirTel
Hi Fellow members, I'm a frequent visitor to a LiveStreaming Website known as twitch.tv, it is like YouTube but provides Games only and are played live instead of a old recording.

I have AirTel 16Mbps 175GB Plan, I am having this issue with the site that I can't watch any live stream without it constantly stuttering in almost every quality like the only way for me to watch the livestream without any buffering is under 360p (Medium to Mobile Quality), I have been having this issue since 4-5 months approx.

Before it used to work fine but as of right now i cant watch any livestream on twitch, Livestreams on YouTube works fine (1080p is watchable without any stutter or buffer). Now I have tried changing my DNS and using default AirTel DNS but none of them seem to work.

I haven't contacted Customer Care since I am pretty sure they would have absolute Zero IDEA OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

I would Request AirTel To Check if its Issue with their Routing because I don't seem to have any problem on my END, It could be a TWITCH Server Issue also but since everyone I know with other ISP doesn't have the problem.

EDIT: I have talked to the Customer Care and they reverted back to me, according to them the pings are normal and there is no bandwidth loss from their end.They are saying that it seems like a problem from Twitch Servers as my ping with twitch servers and everything is fine and buffering shouldn't be happening, They said they can't change the routing of whole server just for a single website, they said if website wasn't opening then they would've been able to troubleshoot but since its only video buffering problem they cant do much as from their end its all Ok and have asked me to contact Twitch Admins/Support regarding the issue.

Last edited:
I'm on 16mbps, and can stream Twitch just as fine on High quality. The speed ranges from 3 to 4mbps most of the time - but there's no buffering, so there's that.
Go ahead and complain, they're not as bad as other providers in terms of understanding the problem at least.

I'm on 16mbps, and can stream Twitch just as fine on High quality. The speed ranges from 3 to 4mbps most of the time - but there's no buffering, so there's that.
Go ahead and complain, they're not as bad as other providers in terms of understanding the problem at least.
Twitch Doesn't support bitrate over 4mbps as broadcasters are limited to that bitrate which is enough for 1080p streams, also where are you located and which DNS are you using? and I guess I can only hope they understand the situation, gonna give them call tomorrow.

Chennai, and using Google DNS.

Hope they fix it for you, do keep this post updated and we'll see how Airtel understands this situation you're in.

Chennai, and using Google DNS.

Hope they fix it for you, do keep this post updated and we'll see how Airtel understands this situation you're in.
Are you still facing random slowness? I'm on 16Mbps plan, some websites using cloudfare firewall takes forever to load. Changing DNS doesn't help.

Modem : D-Link 2730u bridged to Netgear R7000.
Last turned off : 25 days ago

I also have a TP-Link modem (forgot model) that gives me lesser ping times to local gateway (20ms vs 29ms on D-Link) but that's less stable and disconnects randomly. I do not have any difference in terms of speed regardless of modem.

Have also connected directly from modem to PC, not much difference except maybe 1ms in latency.

If you're getting good stream speeds to Youtube but not to Twitch then it's unlikely to be a modem or router fault.

Same here. Chennaiite using Airtel 8Mbps connection. Can watch Youtube at 720p60fps flawlessly. Yet, Twitch hates me for some reason.

I've tried using Google DNS and the Twitch CRX extension which changes the server you watch Twitch on. Also tried Hola VPN. Still no avail.

FeelsBadMan

Back