• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,477

armaan_99

Armaan
ISP
Airtel ₹1099
Jio ₹399 Plan
Hi Guys i just got my plan converted to 2Mbps plan but normally whole day i am getting 480kbps speed. Any time Airtel reached above 1Mbps plan or they are just washing hands saying up to 2Mbps.

well a lot depends upon the quality of their wiring on the way to your house... it's not certainly lack of bandwidth available but how it is delivered to your home.call them file a complaint. ask to provide at least minimum during the day time. or you would be filing a case in the consumer courts.

that happens.it happens with mtnl too.they give about 1.65mbps=1740kbps on an 'upto' 2mbps connection.but there is something wrong with your connection.Get your line checked.Also check your modem if it is working properly. the last thing u can do is call up a senior officer and get your speeds touching mount everest.Best of luckRegardsAman

480Kbps is good enough for 512Kbps, but for 2Mbps it is unacceptable, even for "upto 2Mbps" it is too low, have them check the settings for your account on their server, they might have changed the plan in the billing but not on the server.

These 2 MBPS plans are "Up to" 2MB/S, And when I checked they told that this is 1:4 Plan, that means this 2 MBPS is shared some way among 4 people. Hence the speed is never 2MBPS. :whistle:

No Actually in MPCG we are provide 2 Mbps only Indore & Raipur with RSU (Remote Switch Unit) range within 1.2 KM after this range speed is 512 Kbps & In this range you get 2 Mbps.

that happens.it happens with mtnl too.they give about 1.65mbps=1740kbps on an 'upto' 2mbps connection.
but there is something wrong with your connection.
Get your line checked.
Also check your modem if it is working properly.
the last thing u can do is call up a senior officer and get your speeds touching mount everest.
Best of luck
Regards
Aman
You prolly dont have much idea about networking and how Bandwidth Delay product is calculated based on TCP windowing. The 1740 kbps speed you are seeing is due to the delay incurred on a high bandwidth link specially across cross country link when the TCP windowing limitation doesnt allow you to utilize all your bandwidth. So in theory when you take the cost incurred due to BDP, a 2mb link would effectively work at 1.7 mb only. Try downloading an RWIN calc and change your TCP window size by increasing it to 77000 or so, and you would easily do 2000 kbps.
cheers!

Back