Airtel, Vodafone, Idea threaten to exit 3G

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8,040
First of all Government is not selling spectrum. Do private operator allow to use spectrum for life time use? NO. Government giving the spectrum for certain period of time.You can say that company it self got spectrum on rent basis.Government doesn't oppose the 3G roaming agreement. It's only oppose the 3G service given to the customer in own circle by telecoms company which suppose to not have 3G license in that circle.

they are not selling it. they are renting it. spectrum sharing for roaming is already done for calls and gprs/edge/2g. 3g should be no different.

I feel its different from roaming. While in roaming, our mobile displays the name of operator whose network we are using when we are 'away' from 'home' network.
But some operators are actually selling 3G service in circle which they don't own spectrum under 'their' brand name. (Airtel is planning to start 3G in Maharashtra, while in Maharashtra only Vodafone, TATA and Idea have 3G license).
Anyways not sure what is problem with govt if operators want to share/rent/sell their spectrum (without any scam...)

I feel its different from roaming. While in roaming, our mobile displays the name of operator whose network we are using when we are 'away' from 'home' network.
But some operators are actually selling 3G service in circle which they don't own spectrum under 'their' brand name. (Airtel is planning to start 3G in Maharashtra, while in Maharashtra only Vodafone, TATA and Idea have 3G license).
Anyways not sure what is problem with govt if operators want to share/rent/sell their spectrum (without any scam...)

Operator are making syndicate. In future they just refuse to bid height in auction. Technically they merge their 3G service using back door.

I too feel that operator gave too much money for 3G. But this move can't be allowed.

This is between OP/GOV. and operator want their side decision.

When government make policy about free roaming (Incoming) operator oppose(even if you are using same operator in roaming).

yeap. mobile companies should have formed a cartel when 3G auction was announced. they should have ensured that none of them overpaid for the spectrum. they should have squeezed out the government.

not just refund of license fee. they are asking for reimbursement of capital expenditure incurred to roll out 3g along with interest !!! haha

ya...as if Govt. will refund them anything lol or if any of these companies would have refunded their customers the fixed charges that the customer has to pay to them even if proper service was never given :DPayback is bich :D

i doubt the T&C in the agreement has the option of "refund".BTW, this arrangement of 3g spectrum sharing was pretty obvious when the auctioning was going on. for ex: when Idea didn't bid for mumbai circle,they had made statements which indirectly referred to 3g sharing

i doubt the T&C in the agreement has the option of "refund".

BTW, this arrangement of 3g spectrum sharing was pretty obvious when the auctioning was going on. for ex: when Idea didn't bid for mumbai circle,they had made statements which indirectly referred to 3g sharing

And I doubt the T&C had a option in it for the Govt to change the T&C as & when they like... The govt is wrong in this & if the companies go to court then the govt will get its arse handed to them on a platter zzz...

Back