Airtel Xstream Fiber plan change

ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
Hi,

We all know that one can do a change to their Airtel Xstream fiber plan using the Airtel Thanks app. Like wise, I've tried to change my plan to 300 Mbps plan from the current 200 Mbps plan on Airtel Thanks app last Saturday IIRC. I remember seeing a confirmation message that it will be completed in 2 hours.

There is no change in plan till now and in the app, it still shows my old plan and says 'One of your request is already in progress' and doesn't show any other plans. I tried to reach customer care, but no one takes the call. For plan change it asks to use the app and sends an SMS for the app.

Frustrated, I raised it on Twitter couple of days ago, and they asked my details. Now today I got a call from a technician that he wants to come to my premises for doing a plan change. I asked him from when is this required. He said he too was surprised that he got a ticket raised for doing a plan change.

I informed him that my Huawei GPON was connected in bridge mode to which he said that it needs to be reverted to normal working mode for doing the change. I asked him to wait for a day if I get get any update.

Is this person required to do a plan change. Why can't they do on the system at their backend. Am I missing something here. Thanks.

Same here but the confirmation said it will take two days hence I will wait for two days to see my plan has changed or not.

Like to mention my existing plan is expiring tomorrow hence fingers crossed 👍

Upvote 0
I'm also using it in bridge mode. Just want to confirm if anyone changed their plan using Airtel Thanks app when Huawei is setup in bridge mode. Pl check the 1st post for detailed info. My plan change request done via app last Saturday was not done yet. Hence asking. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Is it correct that you can’t contact Airtel customer service on the phone anymore? That was one of their plus points.

Upvote 0
I'm also using it in bridge mode. Just want to confirm if anyone changed their plan using Airtel Thanks app when Huawei is setup in bridge mode. Pl check the 1st post for detailed info. My plan change request done via app last Saturday was not done yet. Hence asking. Thanks.
Got it and I am in same situation only difference my plan is going to end midnight - lets see if it gets changed or I too face the same issue.

Will post an update 👍

Upvote 0

Back