Alternate ONT suggestion

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
I want to use some other ONT for excitel fiber, currently ppc ont is running. I think excitel uses mac address + Serial no. authentication. Please suggest ONT in which I can clone both.

Thanks in advance.

I have been fighting with excitel to replace the WiFI Router (PPC) with a dumb ONU for 3 months now. So, good luck with that.
They simply don't care.

@RandomIndian same here. I am also in the same boat. I am also waiting for them to replace the wifi ONU with 1G ONU since I got the connection installed. I am not even using their connection because of this.

I got dumb onu for 1300rs and they have started it with 100mbps plan which cost 885rs and the account which is working is of a user in DELHI.
The account says "Upgrade to Fiber" and when I click on it, it says Non-wifi onu for 1000rs and wifi onu for 2000rs. I feel like I got scammed and paying 885rs for 100mbps every month is not worth it. What can I do to get non-monthly plans with the same onu? and excitel guy said 300mbps plans wont be available on this account and I have to recharge every month for 885rs to get 100mbps working. Please put some light on this matter @Sushubh .

While there is the non-Wi-Fi option in the APP; Excitel will not provide you with the same and will ask you repay for the 2000INR option since that is the one that breaks even to have installation as free.

@imdarkray Same here, They keep asking me to return the WiFi router, I keep asking them to replace it with an ONU. Both are playing musical chair. I don't know why excitel is so dumb, even when a customer is willing to pay for an ONU, they won't replace it.

@nishantt6969 Have you tried the S/N + Mac thing or are you guessing?

Back