Alternate to Airtel in Green Park, New Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter Rishabh Jain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,803
Not directly. But through a relative living in my area. And a few other neighbours too. Didn't turn out to be good.

MTNL has service issues. Besides, their plans are nearly identical to Airtel.

Depends on what speed you need, I guess. 1 mbps or so costs 1k and 2 mbps 1.8k.

Mtnl 3G has an unlimited plan too. Is tata wired available?

They won't increase post-FUP speeds. They will at best give you a 'retention plan' with a higher GB quota

Airtel has so much restrictions on FUP that its impossible for real Downloading. That's why many people go to retention plans which comes in all variety. The retention process is actually becoming quite a trend in areas where Airtel has competition. But Airtel won't offer you much if your area doesn't have alternate connectivity options.

If you wanna go on MTNL, check out condition of your local Infra - EDP panels, wiring etc. Because most of the MTNL Infra is rotten & bound to give you problems. Many MTNL plans are also unreliable like Freedom 800 Plan where users don't get speed boost at night. New 8 Mbps plans where users are not getting adequate speeds.

MTNL 3G Jadoo can be good if you have MTNL tower nearby. It has FUP of 500 GB & speed is 2-3 Mbps. Cost is 1600 Rs.

And if money is not a problem for you, then you should take Reliance as a secondary connection with 2 Mbps/4 Mbps Plans without FUP which cost around 750/- to 1200/-

Keep Airtel for reliability & Reliance for heavy downloading. (That is if you are heavy downloader for more than 200 GB per month)

Or simply take 8 Mbps Airtel-UL-Rapid Plus 2299 80GB, 4 Mbps Airtel-UL-Turbo Plus 2099 80GB Plans if you are not a big downloader.

Keep Airtel for reliability & Reliance for heavy downloading.

Yup. This strategy works for me. I have a Reliance plan that costs me 1099 plus taxes and an Airtel plan that costs the same. Reliance is unlimited. Airtel has 8GB. Reliance is my primary connection which I use 99% of the times. Airtel comes handy when Reliance goes down.

Back