Always On Connection Query

• Thread starter Thread starter AcidicLeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,552

AcidicLeo

ISP
BSNL DataOne
I am using Huawei SmartAX MT882 router with my Home 500 plan. The problem is I'm not able to change it to Always On connetion (PPPoE) from Bridge.I guess I follow all the required step, but still after modedm restrating, the Link bulb turns to Orange/Red instead of Green. It does show connected in 192.168.1.1 but does not load any page.This is what I do, I change the connection type from 192.168.1.1 >> WAN Settings >> PPPoEEnter the userID and password, change radio button to Always On.Modem restarts. But after this the Link is turned to Orange/Red light. Can anyonme tell what am I doing wrong?

what do you mean always on ? is it pppoe/ppp ? ..are you using dialer to connect ?..if not you are already with always on . ..because in always on mode you dont have to use dialer your modem will do this job for you.

The problem is I'm not able to change it to Always On connetion (PPPoE) from Bridge.

Already posted that i want to change to PPPoE. I am currently using Bridged connection which to my knowledge is always Dialed.

In more explainatory terms, yeah am currently using dialer and want to change to always on.

for mt882 :telnet to route 192.168.1.1 use username password ..and select select wan type and encapsulation as ppp and pppoe use VPI/VCI given by ISP put your username and password in the respective field and save and reboot you are done .

Back