@aman27deep
I don't have either model !
check this.
Does your modem pages look like this ?
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/86/4696/640/commit_and_reboot.jpg
UT-300R2 ADSL MODEM MENU

no it doesn't look like that

You gotta be kidding me! :rofl:

If you want 24x7 always on connection, use PPPOE mode. For settings search this forum. It has been discussed lot of times!

lol, well, ill see

BSNL was never good with latency, anyone who has been a user of multiple broadband providers will tell you that BSNL connections in general are not the best for gaming, due to high latencies.Also you say that you are on a Unlimited plan.I was using the 512 Kbps Unlimited plan 2 months back, then I changed to the 500 C+ plan. I noticed that I'm getting better pings to the same servers now.What I observed was that when you're on a Unlimited plan, you have high latencies. Switch to a NU plan, and latency usually reduces by a factor of 30-50%

BSNL was never good with latency, anyone who has been a user of multiple broadband providers will tell you that BSNL connections in general are not the best for gaming, due to high latencies.

Also you say that you are on a Unlimited plan.
I was using the 512 Kbps Unlimited plan 2 months back, then I changed to the 500 C+ plan. I noticed that I'm getting better pings to the same servers now.

What I observed was that when you're on a Unlimited plan, you have high latencies. Switch to a NU plan, and latency usually reduces by a factor of 30-50%

thanks a lot for the reply dude,
the thing is, when i didn't have the Ul plan and had the NU plan, the bill crossed 4000 many times, which was very sad. and as BSNL is the only ISP available in my backward area, i have to stick with it, thats for ur help though, really appreciated!

Back