• Thread starter Thread starter Soul_Hacker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,153
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Airtel
Hello guys. It's my first time here on this site. I've been wanting to post this for a long time but couldn't for various reasons.
Anyway, I've got the Reliance plan Thunder 749 combo 2mbps. The speed I'm getting is this

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Do you think there is something wrong with the connection, or do we get this much speed only?
I've tried speaking to the reliance people many times, but they don't pick the phone up.
I lodged more than 6 complaints via chat feature, but they never came to rectify the problems.
I'm really in a bind; don't know what to do.
I know the admin has got reliance connection and he had a lot of problems when he got the connection for the first time.
I would love to have any piece of advice that may help to solve the problem.
Btw, I'm from Bhopal, in case if it's required.

you should get 1.6mbps on your 2mbps connection on reliance. 0.8mbps looks bad. i would suggest downgrading to 1mbps plan and see if that changes anything. upload speeds are horrible as well. i would just dump the connection if this remains like this and there is no support from reliance.

anyways. here are some ways to contact reliance support.

Fill up this form...
Reliance Customer Care

Would probably take 3 days for them to respond.

Also send emails to these IDs:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Might take a day or two for them to respond.

Chromaniac, thanks for replying. I've already sent the E-mails a few hours ago to the above give IDs.
Let's see what they do.
OK, I'm going to fill up the form and see what action they take.
Thanks for the advice.

Edit:
Also, when I register my complaint via chat, they say that I'm supposed to get 20% of the speed according to TRAI regulations, so I'm getting the right speed; Don't understand what they mean.
Also it takes a lot of time to make them understand that they must register the complaint.
Can anybody explain what does this 20% TRAI thing means.

Last edited:
I wonder they did not say - TRAI mandates 20%, but we are giving 40%, you should be delighted with our services and we are proud to give you such wonderful service :D

In the mean time I've encountered another problem.
The DSL light is going on and off and I'm barely able to use the internet.
Registered complaint using chat. Right now I'm not even sure if I'll be able to read the replies.
I pinged ping 124.125.64.1 -t
It gives reply for some time then times out after that, then the same happens all over again.
I don't even understand what's happening here.

Hi Soul_Haker
Its So bad.... in in Lucknow and im facing same problem that u r. I tried every thing I had 2Mbps plan I was getting .81Mbps downloading speed, when customer care tell me same thing about get 20% of the speed according to TRAI.. I think OK... then is change the plan to 4Mbps plan.. and I still getting FUCKING .81Mbps downloading speed. I don't know what to do next? I m thinking file a case in consumer court...
this is my speed resulte in 4Mbps plan- Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

No you aren't getting promised speeds.
Actually Reliance Broadband speeds are determined by two things:

1) Line Speed which is the maximum bandwidth being given by them from their server office in the respective city.
2) Plan as per User id.

Even though you are subscribed to 2mbps plan as per your user id, you are connected to the line speed of 1 mbps connection.
So whatever your plan as per your user id is, it doesn't really matters.

Now coming to that 20% ch**iapa: I think that they believe that we are persons who are complaining about not getting 2 MBps on a 2Mbps connection so give that stupid 1/10th speed excuses. They used to say 10% to me and told that i should be happy to get more than that.

When I used reliance first i used to get proper speeds of 2 mbps but after sometime they changed my line speed to 1 mbps as well.
Ultimately I switched to 1 mbps connection.

Now only solution to this can be having a personal contact in their local office who can change line speed for you.
Or do 1 thing ask CC to transfer call to his senior. He wont do it easily but cry that you have been pissed of by complaining about 10 times and now want to talk their senior.
Explain full issue to him and see if he can do anything.

you are supposed to get 80% of promised speeds at all times. too bad reliance does not give a shit about pgportal complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back